Etsy Success What marketing strategies have worked the best?

Etsy Success has the following requirements:

This team is dedicated to sharing small business advice in a supportive environment. Please do not share social medial links, Treasuries, new item listings, calls for entries or submissions in the Etsy Success Forum, unless you are sharing or asking for small business advice. As a team member, you must be a seller who is ready to learn and participate. Thank you!

Subscribe to the Etsy Success newsletter here: http://www.etsy.com/emails/success

Vikie Cole says

Facebook works best for me.

Posted at 10:52 am Jul 29, 2012 EDT

Believe it or not my best couple of days were last week when I somehow made it on the bridal page. Wow...but I would say try a bit of everything. Good luck!

Posted at 11:00 am Jul 29, 2012 EDT

Thanks for the great question and all of the tips and ideas! I have had the same question and it's good to know what works and what doesn't!

Posted at 11:00 am Jul 29, 2012 EDT

Even though I havent gotten my first sale, i got the most views on the day i started talking to people on etsy, i think the best way is to communicate to your fellow shop vendors and contributing to etsy itself :)

Posted at 11:03 am Jul 29, 2012 EDT

OK, thanks Barbara!

Posted at 6:09 pm Jul 29, 2012 EDT

Diane Hurst from Fuzzlemania says
Edited on Jul 29, 2012

Wow, thanks everyone else, too! I didn't see all these new messages! Good to know that SEO is important-- I spent all evening yesterday finding out what key words people might be searching for and changing some of the ones I had put in on my listings. Also changed some of the titles to use words that might be searched for.

Posted at 6:14 pm Jul 29, 2012 EDT

Search ads and coupon codes. I send out a customer retention letter for people who have convo-ed me (a little retail trick I learned years back) offering additonal savings on the item they were checking out. I have had some hits and some misses but it has helped keep the convo open if the person was on the fence.

I upped my Search ads to $10, and that netted me 2 sales in this SLOW month. So for the amount I had to spend and what I got back, it definitely worked. No other marketing (including my FB page has gotten me sales).

Posted at 6:24 pm Jul 29, 2012 EDT

I've had a lot of success with facebook, and have gotten a number of sales from it. I haven't tried other social media. My time is limited (whose isn't?!?!) and I decided to just pick one form of social media and go for it.

Participating in teams has gotten me a lot of exposure and I love creating treasuries, but I don't know if it has led to any sales. I have the same strategy there. I'm active in one team (nonteamchallenge) and do one treasury a week.

I also get business from word of mouth and repeat customers -- good customer services is the best marketing strategy there is!!

Posted at 6:51 pm Jul 29, 2012 EDT