Etsy Success Any ideas???

Etsy Success has the following requirements:

This team is dedicated to sharing small business advice in a supportive environment. Please do not share social medial links, Treasuries, new item listings, calls for entries or submissions in the Etsy Success Forum, unless you are sharing or asking for small business advice. As a team member, you must be a seller who is ready to learn and participate. Thank you!

Subscribe to the Etsy Success newsletter here:

When the "about page" announced i was sooo excited
and now here we are
i still can't find the words to write what i feel.. and what i want to let everyone know

do you have any proposals or any ideas?
with a little help i might manage to write it:P

Posted at 4:03 am Aug 8, 2012 EDT

My about page definitely needs some work so I'm not the best person to offer advice! However, the best about pages I have seen include an interesting/funny/quirky story about how the shop came to be or how the artist discovered their talent.

I think you should write about anything that gives us an insight into the 'real' you :-)

Posted at 4:42 am Aug 8, 2012 EDT

Good morning, Chris! I was kind of intimidated to start mine, but really enjoyed creating it when I finally took the plunge. How about just starting with some cool pictures? Don't worry about the words just yet. When you've chosen your pictures and see how awesome they look in the page format, I bet you'll come up with some great stuff.

Posted at 7:42 am Aug 8, 2012 EDT

I got a start, but am having difficulty finding the time. I will watch here for suggestions.

Posted at 7:45 am Aug 8, 2012 EDT

I wrote mine like I would tell a friend. :)

Posted at 7:47 am Aug 8, 2012 EDT

Why do you do what you do?

Posted at 8:11 am Aug 8, 2012 EDT

i added two photos so far (actually i did that few weeks ago)

i can't decide what info i'll take of my profile and add them at the page

@Charlene your question is very helpful

i'll keep u updated if i'll manage to finish it soon:P

Posted at 8:57 am Aug 8, 2012 EDT

Carolyn from ThistleBeePottery says
Edited on Aug 8, 2012

We all know you can't force inspiration. I struggled with my and I'm still tweaking it. I try to keep it more conversational and not so biographical so, hopefully, more of my personality comes through.

Try reading other peoples "About" pages for ideas to get you started. I found it helpful to see what others were including and something would trigger a little light bulb that would say "I like that one".

If you find a certain approach appeals to you you'll feel more comfortable creating one in that style and more of "you" will come through.

BTW - Greece is a beautiful country (I was there 25+ yrs ago). Maybe share some cultural influences.

Posted at 9:29 am Aug 8, 2012 EDT

I just wanted to let you know Chris that you're not alone on this one. I'm yet to do mine too. However, I have soo much to do to my little shop that the about page is taking a back-seat for me at the moment. Wish I had a magic wand lol.
Anyone got one that I could borrow? lol

Posted at 2:07 am Aug 9, 2012 EDT

Ms. D. says

Open a Word document and start writing!
-why did you start your craft?
-what made you decide to sell?
-what kinds of materials do you use?
-what part of this is the most fun?
-what part are you most proud of?
-how do you expect your shop/business to grow in the next year or so/

Also, Lisa...I'd get the About page up near the top of your list - I'm getting about 30 views a day JUST from my About page!

Posted at 2:11 am Aug 9, 2012 EDT