Etsy Success How long before first sale

Etsy Success has the following requirements:

This team is dedicated to sharing small business advice in a supportive environment. Please do not share social medial links, Treasuries, new item listings, calls for entries or submissions in the Etsy Success Forum, unless you are sharing or asking for small business advice. As a team member, you must be a seller who is ready to learn and participate. Thank you!

Subscribe to the Etsy Success newsletter here:

I've had my shop up and going since the first of Jan. and no sales. How long does it take most of you before you got your first sale.

Posted at 11:06 pm Feb 25, 2012 EST

It depends on how much work you are putting into promoting your shop, both on Etsy and on other sites such as twitter and facebook. Could take a very long time if you just open a shop and let it sit.

Posted at 11:08 pm Feb 25, 2012 EST

I've just recently discovered Etsy Lush, so I'm using that as well as Pinterest, facebook..however even though I had a twitter account, I do not have any followers on that yet

Posted at 11:10 pm Feb 25, 2012 EST

Here's a couple teams you can join, that will help get your shop out there on facebook, twitter, and places like that.

Those should get you started. Good luck!

Posted at 11:15 pm Feb 25, 2012 EST

Thanks Megan. I really appreciate all the advice, and suggesions that is offered. I am new at all of this.

Posted at 11:22 pm Feb 25, 2012 EST

Jackie from CutenCraftyDesigns says
Edited on Feb 25, 2012

It took me four months to make my first sale, but because I was sneaked attacked. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have had my first sale until August.

It took me another six months before I made another sale which was last week..

Yeepee for sales!!!

Posted at 11:24 pm Feb 25, 2012 EST

Jess Van Den from Epheriell says
Edited on Feb 25, 2012

Took me about 1-2 months, I think? But that was back in '08 :) Hang in there!

Posted at 11:34 pm Feb 25, 2012 EST

Thanks guys. I don't feel so lonely here..

Posted at 12:04 am Feb 26, 2012 EST

Claire says

It varies hugely 1 hour to 6 months but it will depend on so many factors is it not worth me going there. It will happen, stick with it and in the meantime focus on optimising your shop fully for SEO and relevancy and keep promoting though it is more helpful to do that after you have tweaked your shop.

Here's one to start with - your shop title/header. Take out your shop name and add key words that say what you sell. This is really important for SEO. Think like a buyer, what words would they use to find items in your shop and those are keywords.

Posted at 12:32 am Feb 26, 2012 EST

I need sales, I've tried everything, Flickr, Facebook, squidoo, Craigslist, and everything...all advertising and not selling. What's wrong with my site?

Posted at 12:37 pm Jan 12, 2013 EST