SF Etsy Welcome! And Guidelines for using this page...

SF Etsy is a moderated team with the following requirements:

APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY OPEN!
SF Etsy is a moderated team. To join the team, you must meet the following requirements:
-Local to the Bay Area
-Have at least one listing appear in your shop*

Please allow the application process 2-3 weeks to complete. A team leader will contact you directly with next steps!

In the meantime, follow and like SF Etsy on the following social media sites to see what we’re up to:

SF Etsy Blog
Www.etsysf.com

Pinterest

Facebook

LinkedIn

Twitter

Instagram
Tag #sfetsy

LEARN MORE IN PERSON:
Monthly Meet-ups - Check out our Calendar - http://sfetsy.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

Thank you for your interest in SF Etsy!

*If you do not have these two items clearly indicated in your shop, your request for membership will automatically be rejected. When you have met these two requirements we welcome you to request application again.

Greetings, and welcome to the Etsy team page for SF Etsy! This page will be our team's public home at Etsy.com. Come on in, take a look around, make yourself comfortable!

Because our team is always growing, I encourage new and old members to check in at this thread and introduce themselves, say hi, and help all team members feel welcome!

The features here at Etsy may replace our Google group at some time in the future, but for now please keep most of our discussions at the Google group. Please do not use the discussion boards here for individual shop promotion threads. Such threads will be deleted. Right now there is no way to organize the discussions, and we want to keep it uncluttered.

Note that unless marked private, threads on these pages can be read by any Etsy member, but only team members can post.

I'm sure this page will evolve as the features evolve. For now, let's use it to post treasuries (at the treasury thread), communicate about team events, and encourage SF Etsy shopping! The listing of all team members' shops through this page should be a fantastic way to browse SF Etsy shops.

Yay for SF Etsy! Thanks to all of you for everything you do to encourage the local handmade community here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Yours,
Jen
SF Etsy Team Captain
the Mama in Mama's Magic Studio

Posted at 12:06pm Nov 6, 2010 EDT

I'll start with a little introduction, though most of you know me already! I'm Jen, and I'm your team Captain -- otherwise known as the Mama in Mama's Magic Studio. I've been leading up the SF Etsy team since January 2010.

I make handcrafted knitting needles, knitting inspired jewelry, personalized bird's nest pendants, and other baubles. I love working with beads and wire! I also dabble in quilting, knitting, and other crafts -- though not skillfully enough to sell the results! -- basically, I'm a serial crafting junkie who loves to learn new methods and techniques.

I have been selling on Etsy since 2006. (Back when it was just those four guys running it out of their apartment!) Right now, my Etsy endeavors are very part time, since most of my energies go to my primary role as SAHM to two great kids. I live in the South Bay, and I love this crafty community!

Posted at 12:13pm Nov 6, 2010 EDT

Aneurythm says

Hi all-
I live in Berkeley where I make ethnoboho jewelry of natural gemstone, jet, shells, and the occasional crystal. I listed my first item September 2009. Sales of my one of a kind items has been slow but I hang in there. I am one of the Native American Artists Exposed. My husband, 2 cats, and 2 dogs make up one menagerie of a cheering section, woohooo!
Pleased to meet you!

Posted at 12:56pm Nov 6, 2010 EDT

deepfried says

Hi everyone! I'm actually fairly new and have been a bit lost with the google groups so I'm very excited about this new area!!

My name is Kimmy and I live in both Moss Beach and San Francisco :) I make paper goods that I like to call curious & delicious. Everything is inspired by living in the Bay Area!

I have 4 kids and 27 adopted and rescued animals. Am I nuts? Maybe so. hehe It's a lot to maintain that is certain but provides endless humor. love and inspiration!

Can't wait to everyone's intros and dive in to the group more :)

Posted at 1:12pm Nov 6, 2010 EDT

Umm...intros, huh?

Northwest blackberry bramble upbringing (Seattle, Eugene)

can't stop making things I love: limited edition fine fabric goods! Aprons, coffeesleeves, napkins, yoga bags...

K-8th grade art educator for...16-17 years now?

San Francisco chicken keeper in view of the ocean

Happy to be a part of the team!

Posted at 1:22pm Nov 6, 2010 EDT

Hey neat, this might make me an active SF Etsy member again. ;) The google group emails seem to always get skipped over when I'm busy here on etsy, ha.

I'm Didi, the owner and dyer for Little Red Bicycle. We focus on highly saturated, vivid colorways that are perfect for just about anything: shawls, socks, sweaters, toys, you name it. I've been doing this for a few years now, and am finally getting a little bit of press. I try to include gifts, business cards, or swag from other sellers as much as I can in every order shipped. I also always bring other seller's items with me to shows in order to spread the word.

I live in Pacifica, land of fog and the rare glimpse of sunshine. Also home of the apartments that threaten to fall into the sea every year, so keep your eye on the news next month because *this* might be the year that happens.

I'm very, very active on ravelry.com (am didisaurus there), and moderate a huge, active community of more than 7,000. If you're into fiber arts, check it out! :)

Posted at 1:57pm Nov 6, 2010 EDT

MoMuertos says

I'm a cubicle drone by day, crafter by night. There's never enough time! I started my shop with two goals in mind:

1. To do something fun with my crafty family; and
2. To turn around whatever money I make and use it
to buy handcrafted Christmas presents this year.

We've got cute crochet clothing and some Halloween and Day of the Dead inspired goodies. Please come check it out!

(^_^) Mo.

www.etsy.com/shop/momuertos
www.facebook.com/momuertos
www.twitter.com/momuertos

Posted at 2:21pm Nov 6, 2010 EDT

I'm Katy!

I'm a graphic designer and web designer by day... MIGHTY illustrator and painter by night.

I've been painting, crafting and making art since I was a little girl.

Currently I have a standing show at Three Twin's Ice Cream in the Lower Haight here in San Francisco.

-Katy

Posted at 5:53pm Nov 6, 2010 EDT

satsumabug says

Hi everyone!

I'm Lisa, and I've been on Etsy for just over a year. I live in the East Bay, close to Richmond, where we moved in 2009 after five years in LA.

I'm primarily a writer and visual artist, but crafting fills a need in me for three-dimensional creation. I find that my sewing and papercrafting inform my other arts, and vice versa. I source most of my supplies through FabMo (fabmo.org), so everything I make is eco-friendly and one of a kind.

I blog every weekday at satsumaart.wordpress.com.

Love to you!
Lisa

Posted at 12:18pm Nov 7, 2010 EST

GBPress says

Hello!

I'm Nina of Gooseberry Press. I live in San Francisco on the foggy side of town with my husband, 4 year old daughter and mini petting zoo (3 cats, 1 dog, and 1 cantankerous curmudgeon of a cockatiel :)

By training and education I'm a neuroscientist specializing in sleep research but I gave up being a lab rat when my daughter was born a few years back. I'm a self taught designer and I create map-centric art designs and illustrations in the form of paper goods and tote bags. I try to source eco-friendly and sustainable materials for my work and I always enjoy learning new crafts!

Best,