Steel Town Etsy No more picnik... now what?

Steel Town Etsy is a moderated team with the following requirements:

All Etsy sellers who live in Pittsburgh, PA and nearby PA areas and accept our membership guidelines below are welcome to apply for membership! We accept not only handmade artisans, but those who sell vintage good and supplies.

Kira A says

Anyone opting to purchase an editing program vs. searching for another site and just holding your breath hoping they dont decide to close shop too?

I am so heart broken... =(

Posted at 2:26 pm Jan 23, 2012 EST

It's my understanding that the Picnik features will still be available after April through Google+ somehow, so I'm not going to do anything just yet. If it's just a matter of going through G+ to edit my photos, well, I'm willing to do it, because I love Picnik.

Posted at 10:37 am Jan 24, 2012 EST

I'm glad someone posted about this. I love Picnik! So, what other sites are out there? I find Photoshop to be very hard to use and Picnik was super easy and neat to use.

Posted at 11:34 am Jan 24, 2012 EST

Try Gimp for photo editing

Posted at 2:38 pm Jan 24, 2012 EST

I love Picasa. It's a free service and super easy to use.

picasa.google.com/

Tam

Posted at 4:40 pm Jan 24, 2012 EST

Kira A says

I think GIMP is a similar program to photo shop, which is very tech minded.

I tried to just look at the google + and It didn't seem at all like picnik, I just didnt like it.

I am toying with purchasing a program to use but I dont know if there are any out there that have the fun features you find on picnik.

i don't know... there are a few other threads I found with a few sites that I browsed and I didnt really like any of them. Ho hum...... =(

Posted at 8:05 pm Jan 29, 2012 EST

im glad i found this thread! I have been wondering what to do myself and was heartbroken as well when i heard the picnik news

Posted at 1:45 pm Feb 13, 2012 EST

www.picmonkey.com/

Here you go! Rumor has it, this is the cure for Picnik heartache. : )

Posted at 11:41 am Apr 30, 2012 EDT