Association of Workers in Leather (AWL) Leather Hats???

Association of Workers in Leather (AWL) is a moderated team with the following requirements:

Our team is open to all Etsy shopkeepers who work with and sell leather goods of any kind. Leatherwork should be prominently featured in your shop and should be the primary focus of your work.
We do not require forum participation, or participation in any other events or promotions we may decide to sponsor or become involved with - you are welcome to contribute as much or as little as you choose. Our primary goal is to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere where leather artists can connect, share tips and ideas, and get to know each other!

I'm curious if any AWL people are doing leather hats these days, and how well are they selling? My Shop has been at a standstill since mid-November.

Posted at 3:15 pm Dec 15, 2010 EST

UNEARTHED says

Hopefully someone will chime in soon! But in general, this holiday season has been quite a bit slower than normal in my opinion. I remember being wayyyyy busier last year, and this year should have been equally busy if not more... but no such luck. Sorry to hear things are slow for you.:(

Posted at 12:11 pm Dec 17, 2010 EST

witchworks says

No hats here, but October was really good most of my items, so I was stocking up on supplies, but things just died in Nov., and not just on Etsy. My wholesale and retail dropped off too.

Posted at 10:36 pm Dec 20, 2010 EST

There is a glimmer of hope for me after the New Year at least! Got some potential custom work lined up.

Posted at 3:05 am Dec 21, 2010 EST

Oh, and Happy Solstice Eclipse Day everyone!

Posted at 3:07 am Dec 21, 2010 EST

witchworks says

Recently got in to a local artists co-op so I have high hope for the new year as well. Best of luck to you and everyone else too! Happy Yule!

Posted at 4:31 pm Dec 23, 2010 EST

TomBanwell says

My December has been fine. I've sold very few hats however. Lots of masks and plague doctor masks.

Posted at 10:21 pm Dec 23, 2010 EST

Your plague masks are awesome, Tom! I want to make a new full-hood one soon myself!

Posted at 3:09 pm Dec 27, 2010 EST

elkFish says

I actually make leather top hats, but I haven't posted any yet. I'm new to Etsy so I'm trying just trying to figure things out at this point. Anyone else making top hats from leather?

Posted at 10:59 pm Jan 3, 2011 EST

I specialize more in aviator hats and Mongol-style pointy hats with fur or leather brims. Good luck on your Toppers, Elk!

Posted at 3:33 am Jan 6, 2011 EST