Milliners of Etsy (MOE) Ebay hat blocks

Milliners of Etsy (MOE) is a moderated team with the following requirements:

Members must prove that they are dedicated to making hats by one of two methods. They must either have a shop on Etsy or must provide pictures of hats.

Upon application, if prospective members don't have an Etsy store, they should provide a photo of their work by attachment or link. Applicants are also expected to answer the application questions in full. Failure to do so will respond in automatic decline to MOE.

Members must remain active. Each member must check in each month in the discussion threads. If life intervenes, contact the captain.

I'm on ebay a lot and I have found a few items people may be interested in. Would you guys like me to post the stores that sell blocks? I've ordered from one and I'm very happy with the quality. Some are in the US and some overseas I also find vintage blocks a lot. Let me know and I don't mind posting listings.

Posted at 8:40 pm Apr 24, 2012 EDT

Mary from ohmama says

I would like a balsa wood fedora block, 23 inches circumference if you should find such one.

I have a few crown blocks (hardwood) that I should be listing shortly. Just can't find the time yet. They are vintage and I just don't use them anymore so I may as well sell them.

Thanks for asking!

Posted at 8:44 pm Apr 24, 2012 EDT

Oooo I'm interested in seeing them when you do put them up. I'll keep on eye out for a fedora block. I saw this one www.ebay.com/itm/Millinery-hat-blocks-fashionable-/280869284653?pt=... looks neat.

Posted at 9:01 pm Apr 24, 2012 EDT

I rencently purchased five blocks on Ebay. Still waiting for 3 of them to get here. I have gotten some pretty good deals, but some of them just go for stupid expensive. There are a couple people that bid on every block that goes up, I think to run the prices up, so watch for those. There have been a couple people closing their millinery shops and at least one guy that bought out a factory. If you are looking for vintage blocks and have the money to buy a collection, there is someone that has a whole collection starting at $1000.00. Several crowns and several brims. Check them out, I am not allowing myself to buy anymore for a while. :)

Posted at 9:33 pm Apr 24, 2012 EDT

Use "hutform" as a search into Ebay as well - make sure you tick the worldwide box. There are some really intertesting blocks I have found by doing a search this way.

Posted at 11:15 pm Apr 24, 2012 EDT

Most of the hutforms come up with hat block wood as well, They have had some awesome blocks, but a lot of them are from bulgaria and shipping to US is $40. There is also someone from Texas who makes some nice looking fascinator blocks.

Posted at 1:43 am Apr 25, 2012 EDT

I've bought some great vintage blocks on ebay but I find they're mostly in the states and I sometimes get stung with customs charges. I'm on the lookout for a balsa veil block if anyone sees one or has one they want to part with.

Posted at 8:23 am Apr 25, 2012 EDT

i purchased a combo set from hatblocks direct and they were wonderful. they also have great renting program if you live in the uk. david the owner (also know as hatblocks direct) was most helpful. if you go to his facebook page you will find all the info. i also purchased from buys4you2 on ebay. i contacted him directly and his prices were great. a lot cheaper than bidding! i ordered 4 pieces and they were a deal! happy hatting!

Posted at 9:30 am Apr 25, 2012 EDT

I've used buys4you2 too :) Is Hat Blocks Direct the same as Hatblocksworldwide on ebay?

Posted at 9:43 am Apr 25, 2012 EDT