Old Time Etsy so strange

Old Time Etsy is a moderated team with the following requirements:

This team is for sellers and buyers who joined Etsy in its first four years. The account you apply to the team with must show a "joined date" of a year between 2005-2008 (this date is located on your profile page).

Follow the official Old Time Etsy Team page here: www.etsy.com/pages/old-time-etsy-team

i went away for a number of years, and now i'm back on etsy (my life got interrupted by leukemia, so now i'm back to square one in many ways selling on line). the changes on etsy are hard to figure out... any thoughts about listing differences, other than that relevance is not the thing not recency?

Posted at 2:19 pm Apr 7, 2012 EDT

Hi Rita. So sorry to hear you had leukemia!
I hope you are better now. Hug!

Yep, lots of changes on Etsy in the last few years.
I guess the best thing you could do to catch up is read Etsy's Seller Handbook.

Posted at 7:09 am Apr 8, 2012 EDT

Welcome back Rita. Everything has changed on Etsy and there is more to come. SEO,tagging and much more. Etsy is starting to roll out the Direct Checkout. Lotsa good changed and a few duds. If I can help you with anything just send me a convo.

Posted at 9:14 pm Apr 8, 2012 EDT

Welcome to the team Rita! So sorry to hear about your situation but we're glad to have you here! I was delighted to see that you still have your avatar from the good ol' days of Etsy.... it brings back memories of the old Etsy forums :)

I can't imagine how different this site must seem after an absence of several years. The importance of titles and tags vs. listing/relisting is one major change. There are lots of experienced people on this team that I'm sure would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Posted at 9:29 pm Apr 8, 2012 EDT

HI Rita, I remember you from the forums. So sorry to hear about the leukemia, my ex had AML about 4 years ago and it was a rough experience to go through. Hope you are doing well, glad you are back : )

Posted at 9:49 pm Apr 8, 2012 EDT

Oh, Rita, I'm so happy to see you. I wish that we had all vowed to keep our avatars. I immediately recognized you.... and you also BeaG. I changed mine last year.
We were all so active in the forums, weren't we. I remember asking how to pronounce Etsy and someone responded ...."like Betsy" I had been calling us EEEEsy.

Posted at 10:27 pm Apr 8, 2012 EDT

i have CML, so i'm in treatment forever, and doing ok. my meds are currently causing more problems than the actual disease was causing when i was diagnosed.

i'm working on starting again. i had a website of my own for a couple of years ago, and did very well, but then i started running a brick and mortar yarn shop, and that took up lots of time the first year or two, and then about a year ago i started being really affected by my leukemia (at that time undiagnosed--i just know that now). so, i'm trying to head back to selling online at least some. but the changes so far are pretty shocking.

i miss those old days often. we were such a "family"--drama and all.
hugs
rita n/

Posted at 6:56 pm Apr 9, 2012 EDT

dejavu from dejavu says

I come in here now and again to see familiar faces and see what's new with them. I miss the old days a lot. Nice to see you again, Rita. Hope all goes well with you, I wish you good luck in your return to online selling.

- Isabelle

Posted at 10:44 pm Apr 18, 2012 EDT

popko from PoPkO says

welcome back castleman!!!!! Glad to have you here!

Posted at 11:31 am Apr 24, 2012 EDT

Runz from RunzwithScissors says
Edited on May 15, 2012

Castleman! So glad to see you back, and especially to hear that leukemia did not beat you down!

I'm still in the fora -- I don't know why they've not muted me yet -- perhaps they let me live as a token "protester". Or maybe because I did up all the old threds, and post about Etsy's history. The newbies -- and that includes those who've been here less than 2 years -- have no idea about the beginnings. One just posted " to think that someone would think they could start up a website litke Etsy with only a few people - Etsy has 400 employees" really cracked me up! clueless!

Anyway, welcome back. Learn relevancy and circles. And that it against the rules to post just about anything in the foar these days!

Posted at 4:43 pm May 15, 2012 EDT