Old Time Etsy Want a $50 credit for Facebook Ads?

Old Time Etsy is a moderated team with the following requirements:

This team is for sellers and buyers who joined Etsy in its first four years. The account you apply to the team with must show a "joined date" of a year between 2005-2008 (this date is located on your profile page).

Follow the official Old Time Etsy Team page here: www.etsy.com/pages/old-time-etsy-team

I know a lot of us use paid advertising, and I recently came across this link: www.facebook.com/marketing?sk=app_208227685926043

What you need to participate:

A Facebook Page for your small business
Your business must be based in the US
Your page will need at least 50 likes[?]

How It Works:[?]

Get $50 in free ads if you have at least 50 likes on your Page
Get $100 more in free ads if you add 100 more likes to your Page before April 1, 2012
Win $10,000 more in free ads if you are one of the top 10 pages that gains the most new likes before April 1, 2012

Make sure that you have a city and state listed in your page information, otherwise Facebook will assume you're not US based (found this out the hard way.)

Hope this can help someone!

Posted at 4:44 pm Jan 26, 2012 EST

Thanks for the link! My poor FB page is so neglected... I don't think I even have 50 fans yet.

We should start a new FB/Twitter/Pinterest link sharing thread.

Posted at 7:04 pm Jan 27, 2012 EST

You're welcome! Hope you can use it.

My FB has also been badly neglected. I'm amazed I still have any fans at all!

Posted at 5:09 pm Jan 28, 2012 EST

GoTo from GoTo says
Edited on Jan 31, 2012

<--Also has a miserably neglected FB business page. It's linked to my personal page so I've not done much with it since I don't really want my personal account associated with my business (I only use FB for fun--keeping up with old high school & college friends). I wonder if I can create a totally independent FB page for my business...

Thanks for the info!

Posted at 7:13 pm Jan 31, 2012 EST

holy cow, that's awesome. I just wish it was earlier in the winter season. I really appreciate the info.

Posted at 4:43 am Feb 17, 2012 EST

I just want to say thank you again. I did this yesterday and with the $50 I got 100 new likes almost immediately, which qualified me for another $100 free advertising. I started the new ad today and decided to budget myself to $20/day. Well, I just got about 35-40 new likes with that $20. I don't know if this will do anything for my business, but it can't hurt and these are people that I don't know. It's very cool.

Posted at 4:16 pm Feb 19, 2012 EST

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked so well for you. I only gained about 50 new likes using mine. It was a good experiment, though, and I'm learning how to target my advertising a little better.

I hope you get a lot of business from it!

Posted at 1:08 pm Feb 24, 2012 EST

this is really neat! i'm going to give it a try. thank you!

Posted at 4:09 pm Mar 3, 2012 EST

Did any of you feel a little creepy that they require permission to be able to log in as you? That sort of bugs me :(

Posted at 8:08 pm Mar 3, 2012 EST

Oh, well. I'm giving it a whirl! Sounds like a great opportunity.

Posted at 8:21 pm Mar 3, 2012 EST