Vintage Jewelry Sellers on Etsy Tweeting

Vintage Jewelry Sellers on Etsy is a moderated team with the following requirements:

VJSE is a moderated team and we encourage your to apply if you meet the following requirements:

Etsy vintage sellers who
1. Have a minimum of 50 non-altered pieces of vintage jewelry. Vintage jewelry must be in its own section(s) from other merchandise.

2. If you also sell repurposed and/or handmade jewelry those pieces cannot have the team tag and must be in separate shop sections.

3. Have a completed Profile including return policy. We encourage, but do not require VJSE shops to accept returns. One way or another, your policy must be stated clearly on your shop policies page.

4. Favorites under your personal profile must be set to public.

5. Backs and marks should be pictured and flaws clearly listed and condition described.

6. Have a positive Feedback rating of no less than 97% (5 stars).

Participation Requirements:

1. Participate at least once a week on team threads and on at least one team social media platform such as Facebook, Pinterest or G+. The more you participate the more you will get out of team membership.

2. Member Reciprocity. If someone promotes you, return the favor by promoting his or her shop some way. Posting and running will not be allowed.

3. Team Treasuries. Support team treasuries, especially ones that feature your items by hearting, clicking and commenting and sharing on your social networks.

4. Monthly Check-in. All members are required to check in each month through the Etsy thread and share your participation.

5. Subscribe to the team daily digest that is generated by Etsy.

6. Opt-in for the team newsletters distributed thorough Etsy.

7. Comply with Etsy’s Policy on plagiarism. Here is a link to Etsy's Policy on this matter: Etsy's Copyright Policy

This topic has been closed.

I'm relatively new to Twitter and I'm trying to follow the suggestions of various VJSE members in listing my items on Twitter. I have listed most of my Vintage pieces and also some of my own handmade jewelry. I used Gremln to schedule and I've tried to spread things out so the same items don't show up over and over day after day. However, I'm now hearing from friends that there are too many tweets.

Other friends have suggested there were too many posts on my FB page, so I reduced those. I don't want to irritate anyone, but I do want to use the medium to advertise.

Any suggestions to for dealing with this?

Posted at 12:06 pm Apr 29, 2012 EDT

When we post to facebook it goes to our personal page right? Where all our friends can see it...I go to my personal page, click share and then share it (post it to my business page) then I delete the post on the personal page. Then at least your personal page won't be bogged down and I think only the people that have liked your business page will see the post in their feed....Im not 100% sure on that. When you post your listing do you hit the like button or "share with facebook" at the very top of the newly published listing? If you just hit "like" it posts to your regular personal page. But if you click the button at the top...right next to the tweet button, it should go to your business page. Hope this makes sense!
In regards to Twitter.....your friends would have to follow you to see your tweets right??? If they didnt want to see all of your tweets then why would they be following you??

Posted at 12:53 pm Apr 29, 2012 EDT

Thanks. I haven't known what the difference was in those "like" buttons. The friends who complained were FB friends complaining about tweets on my personal page. I'll just delete them there. I have been having tweets posted to my Fan Page, but today that doesn't seem to be working, except for items in Gremln.

Posted at 12:21 pm May 9, 2012 EDT

I'm focusing heavy on tweets and almost nothing on FB for the same reasons. My friends and family are complaining and I want to keep FB for them and not my business.

Posted at 7:38 pm May 9, 2012 EDT

And I thought I was the only one who felt this way!

I want to use facebook as a way to promote my business and my team as well - but I don't want to bog down the feeds with my "likes". I thought when I connected my accounts using my business page I would be able to like other shops and have that show up in a feed for my business page. I guess that was wishful thinking. Regarding Twitter - I don't think you can tweet too much - well I'm sure you can but I think you'd have to make it a full time job. And it moves more quickly and it seems (to me at least) that people on twitter can quickly bypass things that aren't particularly of interest to them - but facebook is more "in your face". I think I need to manage my FB business page better - and there's got to be a way to use business pages to help teammates too...I haven't really examined the full potential of a business page yet. )-:

Posted at 10:59 pm May 10, 2012 EDT

Winnie Lambert from SweetLenasRetro says
Edited on May 12, 2012

I'm sure I'm the last person to figure this out but... if you're logged into FB you can click the arrow on the top right (next to home) and it'll give you the option to use FB as your business. Then when you favorite shops on Etsy it won't clog your personal facebook feed. I'm sure someone more savvy has already pointed this out somewhere on the yahoo thread...but I'm still playing catch up!

Posted at 11:56 pm May 12, 2012 EDT

In case you need some help, like me, check out the Twitter dictionary here:

Posted at 7:39 am May 14, 2012 EDT

I have a question about Twitter: Do you have to have a cell phone for twitter to be of any use? I had thought so, but recently it was suggested to me otherwise.

As a newbie to all of this, I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

Posted at 6:59 pm May 21, 2012 EDT

You don't have to have a cell phone - though a lot of people do use their phones to tweet. I use my cell phone to call people! Crazy, isn't it? (-:

Posted at 10:14 pm May 21, 2012 EDT

Over the past couple weeks I have not been pleased with the amount of twitter flooding going on. According to my stats, it has not helped at all and personally I do not believe in the policy. I'm not interested in seeing an endless stream of "likes" or tweets that are only done by routine. To me it defeats the purpose. I can't tell what, if any, trends are taking place with my shop!

Good marketing does not mean constant endless broadcasting. Consumers learn quickly to shut it out like selective listening.

Since this is now written into the code of team membership, does this mean I'll have to withdraw to get out of this? As much as I promote and like VJSE, I do not want to partake in this twitter barrage and robot promotions.

Posted at 12:40 am May 22, 2012 EDT