Eco Etsy Lights, Camera, Shoot!

Eco Etsy is a moderated team with the following requirements:

MEMBERSHIP IS CURRENTLY CLOSED!

The Eco-Etsy team is currently not reviewing/accepting new members. Applications received during this time will be added to our waiting list. Once we begin accepting new members, you will receive a message from one of our membership coordinators.

Thank you for your patience!

~Captain~

I don't really see a need for improvement in this picture. The composition is good, lighting is good and it is very clear, at first glance that the bags are for sale.

I guess IF I didn't know what you sell, I might think the grains were for sale and I might suggest making the kootsac label more prominent.

Here's mine:

www.etsy.com/listing/96016286/grocery-market-tote-bag-tie-dye-t-shirt

Posted at 3:58 pm Apr 15, 2012 EDT

Annabel from TinkanDesigns says
Edited on Apr 15, 2012

The lighting seems a bit dull, and the background grey.
I actually prefer your other photos with the black background, the colors really pop!
If you do want a white background I'd lighten and brighten it (more contrast, more light when editing) this will help the colors pop out more from a clean white background.
I actually think your second photo would be my chose for a main image - the angle, the background, the color, and the logo make it more interesting.

Here's mine:

Posted at 4:30 pm Apr 15, 2012 EDT

Annabel~ I like the layout of your picture and your use of the wood in the background. I think the darker wood helps your earrings to show up better than a light color would. I might angle them a bit closer together so that the photo could include them even larger with less background but other than that it is an interesting photo.

Here is my item:
www.etsy.com/listing/94064251/happy-camping-organic-baby-cotton-one

Posted at 3:13 am Apr 16, 2012 EDT

Kelly, I love the photo, but when I originally looked I thought you were selling the toys not the clothes. Maybe only have one toy in the shot and move in a little closer to see the outfit better. Also there is a shadow on your model and it's too sunny towards the feet. Not sure how you can correct that, maybe take the shot in indirect sunlight . Your model is adorable!

www.etsy.com/listing/88116812/magical-love-rock-paperweight-bookend...

Posted at 8:58 am Apr 16, 2012 EDT

I love my minimalist pictures; do you feel they are too plain?

Posted at 5:13 pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT

I don't think your photo is too plain at all! Your item is clear and bright and looks wonderful to me.

I looked at your shop and for this picture, I'd include more of the necklace and less of the chain:

www.etsy.com/listing/73424464/eco-friendly-bamboo-necklace-l7-optical

I redid my picture per Anabel's suggestions:

www.etsy.com/listing/96016286/grocery-market-tote-bag-tie-dye-t-shirt

Posted at 5:50 pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT

Holly,
I think a plain background, something that compliments the colors in your item, would be great. The background you have is a little too busy for my taste.

The lighting seems good and the details of your art are clear. Overall, good job.

I'd really like to know about the black backgrounds in my shop. I can't get the whites to show white. I'm perplexed about whether to keep the color backgrounds or not.

www.etsy.com/listing/96016286/grocery-market-tote-bag-tie-dye-t-shirt

Posted at 7:03 pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT

Not exactly sure where this thread leaves off, I like Linda's edited photo above. My apartment receives poor light, I do what I can but my wet-dry bags haven't been getting much play so I'm retagging the listings and would love advice on whether my pics for this item are fine or not, thanks.
www.etsy.com/listing/94724389/eco-friendly-wet-bag-with-dry-side-bag

Posted at 4:19 am Apr 17, 2012 EDT

Hi sbb1 i would try to take a picture next to a window with a plain white background a sheet for example.I think your bright colors will pop out that way.

Here is mine: