Upcyclers MONTHLY Team CREATIVITY Challenge!

Upcyclers has the following requirements:

Membership is open to all Etsy sellers who Love 2 Upcycle!

Upon joining, all members should read our discussion titled 'Welcome to Upcyclers' found @ http://www.etsy.com/teams/6610/upcyclers/discuss/9376351/ ~Please also read the Community and Teams section of the Do's and Don'ts of Etsy @ http://www.etsy.com/policy/dosdonts#thecommunity

A significant effort should be made by members to reuse, reduce, recycle, repurpose and relove the products they create. This can be applied to new handmade goods as well by practicing green standards in their production, for example, minimizing waste and donating unwanted materials. You must be an active seller on Etsy with some listings that are considered upcycled: recycled, reused, repurposed, reclaimed or a vintage item that needs to be reloved. A communal spirit of sharing support, resources, ideas and advice to further the upcycling movement is the foundation of the team and its primary mission. Anyone who shares these values and goals is welcome to join the team, until such time that they prove themselves to be otherwise motivated or conduct themselves in a contrary manner to this charter.

This topic has been closed.

Sarah that turned out so cool!

Posted at 6:32 pm May 20, 2012 EDT

Awesome Sarah!....I really like "the secret compartment"! : )

Posted at 10:11 pm May 20, 2012 EDT

Thanks!! I think the "secret compartment" is my favorite part too.

Posted at 11:33 am May 21, 2012 EDT

ok, I got mine done and it is on my blog:

ourchildrensearth.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/meet-mr-bouncy/

My son just loves his new toy! This challenge is so fun!

Posted at 4:00 pm May 21, 2012 EDT

I love this idea...I know a little boy that will think this idea is pretty cool also!

Posted at 4:12 pm May 21, 2012 EDT

Well done to those who've managed to make something!
Wish I had time to be involved, and get creative. Think I've definitely got an old walkman, and various other electrical things, just waiting to be upcycled, but am just too busy at mo, to potter around with ideas!
Good luck everyone, great idea for a challenge :-)

Posted at 4:34 pm May 21, 2012 EDT

Stephanie, I love it! So cute and clever!! And I love his name!

Posted at 4:52 pm May 21, 2012 EDT

You are all so sweet about the snake, he was fun to make.

This is such a great idea to figure new things out!

Posted at 8:38 pm May 21, 2012 EDT

SUPER SOCK from SUPERSOCK says
Edited on May 21, 2012

YAYI have two entries! :)))
This first is a boombox modeled after my favorite autobot transformer Blaster, the who transformers into a sound system (he doesn't transform, but he's made from recycled scrap metal to children's wooden blocks to upcycled speakers). My model is meant to serve as your mp3 boombox, plugging straight into your player or computer) These are made from rechargeable speakers that will last almost forever :)

The second is a nightlight, lamp, that USED to be a radio, boombox--it was not working (i bought from a thrift place--tricked me...) and we made it into a nightlight that plugs in and will run indefinitely!!! :)))

www.etsy.com/listing/97355342/robot-night-light-transformers-robot?...

Posted at 9:29 pm May 21, 2012 EDT

SUPER SOCK from SUPERSOCK says
Edited on May 21, 2012

the bottom one DOES transform!! see images. :)) yaay for this team, and yay to stephanie, for teaching your son to use old chords that no longer work into something greater than they were meant for

Posted at 9:32 pm May 21, 2012 EDT