Etsy Expats Etsy expats: week 18th June

Etsy Expats is a moderated team with the following requirements:

1 - request membership and answer the required question satisfactorily.

2 - introduce yourself; tell us about your expat status (where you’re from, where you live now, where have you lived, if you are a future expat or just thinking about it); tell us about your shop as well.

3 - get involved. Join our social websites (Pinterest, FB, Blog, Twitter).
All links are available on our blog. www.etsyexpats.blogspot.com
or at the top left of this page under Elsewhere
Add your link in the appropriate team thread.

4 - stay involved - be a team member... you are encouraged to participate in our weekly Etsy forum threads. Check in frequently to see what's happening and make sure you sign into our monthly roll call.

5 - You will be added automatically to the team’s official Etsy list, the list on the blog will be updated periodically and you can write a few sentences about yourself to feature next to your entry if you choose. Contact the Captain for submitting.

6 - Be considerate and respectful to all team members. We are a non-denominational, multi-cultural, mixed and diversified friendly team.

You are also encouraged to contribute to our blog . Send to etsyexpats [!at] gmail.com and we will publish it for you and sign your name with a link to your shop. We are unable to upload photos from our email.. contact the captain for information on how to format your article.

7 - make treasuries and post them in the appropriate threads so we can post them on our FB page and on our Pinterest boards. Remember to click and comment on as many team treasuries as possible; don't forget to tag with our official tag "etsyexpatteam"

8 - tag at least a few of your items with "etsyexpatteam", so that team members can find you quickly

9 - No rude comments or profanity please. Inappropriate comments will be deleted and membership could be terminated.

10 - be jolly and thanks for supporting your team!

Hello Etsy Expats,

This is the thread where we chat and get to know one another.

Please stop by and join in....everyone is welcome.

Have a great week

Posted at 12:58 am Jun 18, 2012 EDT

Hi everyone :) Seems quiet on etsy expats lately! Hope everyone is well and not too stressed.

Have a fantastic week :)

Posted at 5:46 am Jun 18, 2012 EDT

OK....I will start chatting this week, actually I will have a lot of time as R is away fishing and I am left in the city.
So I will have time to make a new expats challenge treasury. ' Europe' is the theme, puts thinking cap on.
Warm, but a little dull here, which is OK 'cos I hate the city in the searing, humid heat.
Off for a troll around the thrift stores today...see what I can find.
bbl

Posted at 8:01 am Jun 18, 2012 EDT

Good Morning Gals,
Chiming in from North of Atlanta, Georgia ... been here a few days and settling in slowly.

I read thru last week's thread and here's what I gleaned:

Rita, nice to see you again ... it was the same for me learning and speaking French. Big headaches but it was easier to listen than to speak! You sound like your jumping right into the artist community, bravo!
I'm jealous of all the free classes you have available to you ...

Hayley, not fun moving right before school starts....

Oh Jan, I too remember that similar runaway item last year... I hope your groveling session is over now.

Linda, yes SOS (almost) with Chloe and school. Of course I'll come in and report when we find something out.

Jacqui, your job sounds exciting and nervewracking at the same time. Glad to hear you're settling into your new house. will go read hubs' post later.

Karen, glad to hear you're in NY, and Greenwich at that! Have fun at your class, enjoy your stay.

Hello to all I haven't mentioned, have a great week, I'll try to pop back in in a few..
A.

Posted at 8:23 am Jun 18, 2012 EDT

good afternoon all.... gorgeously sunny here..
i'm sooo tired... coming into my fourth preggers month! so hoping the amazing bursts of energy i've been promised will magic themselves into my life soon!
sleep sleep i LOVe sleep!!
great to have a parouse through all the tales of you gadabouts... take care and slices of sweet mango to everyone..
bizzzzz
victoria

Posted at 8:34 am Jun 18, 2012 EDT

Morning,

Hayley, moving close by is nice, but you still need to organize and pack. Hope it goes smoothly for you.
Work is going alright, thank you for asking. I had my contract extended, just as I was hoping to take a long summer vacation :) I want to live in France, and have all the holidays you do :)

Jacq, nice to hear you are settling in. Great blog post.

Jan, I am sorry to hear about lost embroidery... I am sure you'll find it eventually. You must be very organized: taking things to market and back and still knowing where everything is. You need some of those RFID tags, so you can just walk around your house and it'll ping the number to you :)
Just kidding, I don't know if it's available for non-commercial use.

Karen, I hope you'll write nice long blog posts about everything you are doing now, cause it sounds like a lot and very exciting!

Have a brilliant day everyone!

Posted at 8:45 am Jun 18, 2012 EDT

Linda from FineFashionsbyLinda says
Edited on Jun 18, 2012

Morning,

Hope it turns out to be a good week for us all. Waving......................

I had to edit... I wrote a darned book!!!!!!!

Posted at 9:59 am Jun 18, 2012 EDT

Morning!

Ou, no I just wrote morning, but it's 3.30 pm LOL. I'm so sleepy today, but have so many things to do. Already finished some, but anyway... Tomorrow is a business conference and I have to prepare for this later, when DH will bring me some things I asked to make for me. We are having a networking part at this conference so I need to prepare some materials to share. Like my contact info. I didn't had enough time to print business cards, so I decided to make it a bot more personal.

@Alysen, it must be even more hard to learn French? I still have a hope to get back to French and learn, but not now. Otherwise it's gonna be to much for my brain.

@Linda, what book? I missed something?

Posted at 10:34 am Jun 18, 2012 EDT

Hello!

I was intending to pop by this morning and then the day just flew by.

I think I have a bit more energy, but that might be because I slept so much this weekend :D

Congrats on the contract extension Elena.

Hope you're having a roaring time Alysen.

Hey Rita. Ja, learning a language isn't fun. Just getting used to the Dublin accent took me ages and I spoke English. Sounds like you're doing real well. I had loads of problems learning German, then when I got back to South Africa I had loads of problems re-learning Afrikaans (and that's supposed to be my first language). I'm only just starting to feel comfortable swapping from English to Afrikaans after being back a year.

Hi V - nice to see you. Hoping the energy hits you soon.

Hey Hayley, how you keeping blom?

Enjoy your time alone on the city Jan. lol - Elena, wouldn't that be cool. Even better if it could beep beep beep the closer you get to the right items :D

Hey Linda, you feeling better?

I'm hoping to hang some curtains and organise my work room before bed. Wish me luck.

Hugsj