Craftcount How do I get paid??

Craftcount has the following requirements:

Team is open to all users who use Craftcount or want to learn more about it. Craftcount is an app that tracks the Etsy top sellers, with over 1000 sales, in every category and country, updated every 24 hours.

While you are at it, do like our Facebook page too. We have a wonderful page with lots of Etsy News, tips and showcases that I know you will enjoy.

We are a sharing team; come and learn how to improve your shop and how to grow your businesses. The main discussion is for those asking for help, critiques and sharing tips, advice and ideas.

By accepting we ask nothing absolutely of you, just drop in, say hi and possibly learn something new today.

Hi friends,
Help - I have sold an item - yippee!! But its a custom order and the customer is a buyer only - does not have an etsy shop and does not have a paypal account. I know she could send me a personal cheque but that will all take a lot of time for it to clear etc. Is there another way??
Thanks everyone.

Posted at 6:00 am May 21, 2012 EDT

Why don't you give her you your bank details. Then once the money is deposited you can post her item.
I have used this many times without problem for non etsy items but am not sure how to implement it for etsy.

Posted at 6:22 am May 21, 2012 EDT

She can use PayPal even without an account. All she needs to use is a credit card. She clicks on the PayPal icon and then uses it as a guest.

Posted at 7:42 am May 21, 2012 EDT

I'd stick with PayPal. There's no reason not to use it, since you don't need an account, unless she is looking to rip to you off!

Posted at 9:05 am May 21, 2012 EDT

Lisa from jYOUlry says

totally with previous post... paypal does NOT require you have an account to pay and he/she can pay via credit card, check or bank transfer... IMO NEVER accept personal payment. if the check bounces you are responsible to your bank for the fees... it they do a check payment or bank transfer via paypal just be sure not to ship the item until it clears (about 3-7 days depending on payment type).

Posted at 10:17 am May 21, 2012 EDT

You can send her a personal invoice from pay pal also, I do this all the time and never have an issue, even if she doesnt have a credit card, she can do an e check with pay pal, they assume the liability if it bounces. Never take a personal check or money order. Never mail an item until a pay pal e check is cleared, it takes 3-5 days. Good luck.

Posted at 9:51 am May 22, 2012 EDT

Bank transfers are preferred by some Europeans and I have lost sales in the past from refusing to take them. Check the structure of your bank fees before agreeing to that one.

Posted at 12:10 pm May 22, 2012 EDT

Thanks everyone for all the tips and advice but this customer has stopped emailing me so seems as though she has let me down. Could at least have had the decency to tell me, but you learn something everyday and I now know what to do in the future if it crops up again. Got so excited about a sale, but never mind another day :-(

Posted at 12:10 pm May 22, 2012 EDT

Sorry about the sale :-( This might be a good time to tighten up your policies, so people don't find ways to take advantage of you (as I suspect this might have been) and so you don't waste your energy getting excited for no reason. You need to save your energy for getting excited for good reason!

Posted at 12:18 pm May 22, 2012 EDT

I have gotten excited too, when I think I've gotten a custom order. :(

Mine was different though, she liked my arrangement, wanted me to change the colors and also wanted it for less. I ran around looking for the color scheme they wanted, found it, made a sample, emailed it to them and when I told them what the cost would be, it was at least $10 less, I never heard from them. Got stuck with the flowers (unusual color scheme) because I had driven a distance to get them and I didn't want to waste gas to return them. Hopefully I'll find a way to use them.

Posted at 1:02 pm May 22, 2012 EDT