Craftcount Please review Moochews?

Craftcount has the following requirements:

Team is open to all users who use Craftcount or want to learn more about it. Craftcount is an app that tracks the Etsy top sellers, with over 1000 sales, in every category and country, updated every 24 hours.

While you are at it, do like our Facebook page too. We have a wonderful page with lots of Etsy News, tips and showcases that I know you will enjoy.

We are a sharing team; come and learn how to improve your shop and how to grow your businesses. The main discussion is for those asking for help, critiques and sharing tips, advice and ideas.

By accepting we ask nothing absolutely of you, just drop in, say hi and possibly learn something new today.

Hello! As a newbie to Etsy, I would love some constructive criticism on my shop. What I find difficult to get across is the uniqueness of my dog toys; it really doesn’t show unless you click into the description and read what they are. Good or bad, I'll take the comments! :)

Posted at 2:04pm Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Kay S from elitestreet says
Edited on Jun 26, 2012

The only thing that really jumps out at me as bad is the photos with the cows in them. I don't know why, but it's just not something I'd want to see. And not something I'd want my dog to chew on after the fact.

Sometimes knowing where it came from, but not actually seeing where, is a good thing. Like how people know where beef comes from, but don't want to watch the slaughter process.

This is just my opinion, and I could be the only one that feels this way.

Posted at 3:17pm Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Kati says

Okay I looked at your site twice... Once as a quick glance and then came back... First of all I love your product.... I don't have a dog but I can tell you I will let all my friends know about your store cause it is a great product!

Okay... Your pictures are really good, and I personally love that you put the picture of the cow on it, I otherwise would have no idea how it is re-purposes and I can tell you without the picture I wouldn't buy. That being said maybe have it as a second photo once you open up, as well have it on your about page etc. When I did the first quick glance I thought... Okay so she sells dog toys and cow pumps... Alright.... But then I looked at it further.... So my advice is this... Use a picture of the dog with the mooches in his mouth, then them in product order and then with the cow... It tells a picture story.

Really you have an awesome product! And I agree with you there has to kind of have a story... Which isn't always easy to convey in a quick picture!

Good luck! {I would love if you would critique my shop if you have the time}

Posted at 3:30pm Jun 26, 2012 EDT

LadyJ from CutenCraftyDesigns says
Edited on Jun 26, 2012

Love the shop name and its banner. The photos look good. I don't know what else to comment on except good luck in your new shop.

Have a great day!

Posted at 3:33pm Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Kay - I struggle with pictures of the cows being milked every day! I agree, they are "harsh" looking at first glance, but like Kati said, without them people don't really know what I am upcycling.

So, I moved all the cow milking pictures inside as second and third pictures so people first see the product. When I go back home to Colorado to my parent's farm I can work on taking a cleaner, "nicer" picture of the cow-milking process. These current pics were sent from my brother on his camera (hence, the poor quality).

And Kati, I totally agree - I need more pictures of the dogs with the toys in their mouth (working on it!).

Any suggestions about tags and item descriptions?

Posted at 3:43pm Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Kati says

Really I wish I did, your store looks great, and I think you just need to branch out! Good luck!

Posted at 3:56pm Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Kati – I looked over your shop and I love your banner! It’s so pretty and inviting. I would suggest adding more items to your shop (even if they are duplicates). Secondly, not to sound like a broken record, but I would try and take pictures outside with some natural light. The pictures you have listed have that pink/grey tint to them. With good lighting, the beautiful patterns and colors of your items will really pop and stand out.

Have you tried taking pictures of your make–up bags with some props, like lipstick or maybe a make-up-brush? I think it would add to the picture and help buyers know what you are selling right off the start (without having to read the description). Same with your coffee cozy. Have a couple pictures of the cozy wrapped around some beverages and make it look inviting! Overall, I love your colors and pattern choices, very pretty! Good luck!

Posted at 4:09pm Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Yeah, a less "harsh" photo would make it better.

I agree with the others that you have a basically perfect shop. Great job, and good luck!

Posted at 4:12pm Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Such a unique product!! Good luck!

Posted at 10:11pm Jun 27, 2012 EDT

I don't know...I kind of like the last picture showing what you are upcycling. I grew up on a milking dairy farm and have placed hundreds of the inflations on the cows udder growing up. Part of my chores was to help milk the cows. I remember having to replace the inflations and we just threw them away AND I do remember our dogs chewing on them. They do love them!!!

I agree with everyone else...pics with a dog and human even tugging on one of the toys would help. And once you can take a crisper photo of the inflations in use on the cows udder will help.

Maybe explain how you "sanitize" and "wash" the used inflations??? Unless I missed that somewhere. I didn't see it in the listing I looked at. That might help put some minds at ease...

And remember to "get found" in searches...the first 3 words in your titles should be what buyers search for. I always find it helps to start typing in my product and see what others have previously searched.

So...as an "old farmers daughter"...I was captured emotionally because it took me back to my days of growing up on the farm. Your product is clever. Somehow reaching out to dairy farmers and ranchers would be a great target audience for you in my opinion.

Good luck and hope this helps a little!

Posted at 2:14am Jun 28, 2012 EDT