Long Island Creators What are the good show promoters?

Long Island Creators is a moderated team with the following requirements:

I see the same ones over and over again - Preferred, showtiques, peer ...
Any feedback on them?

Posted at 4:36 pm Apr 11, 2012 EDT

Hi Lauren,

depasqualeshows are good. I'm doing the one in selden on the 21 st.
I did kings park day last year, alot of people. But they are not cheap.

Posted at 5:20 pm Apr 11, 2012 EDT

hi Dina,
I forgot about them! I am going to visit the one in Selden next week, I'll look for you! I was thinking of doing Smithtown day.

Posted at 2:47 pm Apr 12, 2012 EDT

When is Smithtown day and did you ever do it before? If you go to newfeild in selden next weekend, my table and displays are black and white. Look for the table with the feet displays for my foot jewelry.

Posted at 8:28 am Apr 13, 2012 EDT

I've never done Smithtown day before but I know it gets a lot of people.
I think you have to call the smithtown chamber of commerce to get info.
Its on June 3rd, which actually isn't going to be enough time for me to get inventory. I think I'm going to check out shows this summer and do one big one for the holidays. That way I can start making stuff now!

Posted at 8:30 pm Apr 13, 2012 EDT

Holidays are best, because people have to buy. I'm going to look in to smithtown fair. Thanks for the info.

Posted at 5:25 am Apr 14, 2012 EDT

All these craft fairs sound FANTASTIC and I'd love to participate. But 2 things are stopping me at the moment: No inventory, and waiting on my tax certificate to come.

I do have a few friends tell me that they were indeed checked for this certificate - so, honestly, I would not take my chances until I have one.

I SO appreciate everyone's ideas on various shows. I am from Northport, and we do have a very BIG DAY here in September called the Cow Harbor Day. After a cute parade, everyone goes into the village to sample food, hit vendors, and there is a craft fair down at by the harbor where I hear the traffic is EXCELLENT. I will try & get more info for all of you on that one if you are interested.

Living in Long Beach in my prior life, I remember they had 2 shows on the Boardwalk for 2 days - once in the beginning of the summer, and once in the beginning of Fall. Both were always EXCELLENT, and again, brought in people from EVERYWHERE.

Like you, Lauren, I decided to hit a lot of shows and observe booths and set-ups as well as the traffic and price points people are selling at. Just research basically. Then in the fall or winter, I would like to do a couple of shows. They will be my first since my business is brand new. Good luck to all of you! And hope to 'see' some of you at some of these shows!!! :-)

Posted at 11:52 pm Apr 18, 2012 EDT