Wall Decal Team Craft Show display

Wall Decal Team is a moderated team with the following requirements:

This is a juried team.

To be eligible to apply:
50% of your shop must include vinyl decals
You must reside in the U.S.

So, I'm curious if any of you have done expos or craft shows? We are wanting to become vendors at some local events, but we're having trouble figuring out how to display our decals. I was thinking of a couple of books that passer-bys could look through. With the large decals being scaled down to fit in for display.

Not sure how this will all work out, any suggestions?

Jennifer

Posted at 12:22 pm May 5, 2012 EDT

You could get a few retractable banner stands and put your decals on a white banner...

www.uscutter.com/Banner-Stands-31

Posted at 4:48 pm May 7, 2012 EDT

We've done Maternity/Baby Expos before and we used coroplast to look like walls and put decals on them so it kinda looked like a room, it's hard to explain :)

We didn't have any decals there to purchase and take but we did take orders. and we had a lot of people contact us after the show as well.

Posted at 1:24 pm May 12, 2012 EDT

I do market, I use catalog and A1 foamboard panels to stick the decals on. That said I find it very difficult to showcase the decals at outdoor markets where I don't have a back wall to stick the panels on.
It would be cool to post pictures here for ideas

Posted at 7:58 pm May 14, 2012 EDT

Thats definitely some different thoughts that I could start with. Thanks!

Posted at 12:12 am May 19, 2012 EDT

This was forever ago but it might help..
tweetheartwallart.blogspot.com/2010/07/vendor-booth.html

We used two 4x10 boards from Home Depot and trimmed them down to about 4x8. We used door hinges so that we could fold it flat. It worked pretty good!

Posted at 12:07 pm May 19, 2012 EDT

I've only done 3 shows and have had the same problem. The first 2 I used vinyl blinds (the older cheap rolling style) and had them hanging vertically behind the booth. Looked nice and I thought it worked EXCEPT everyone thought I was selling vinyl banners! LOL

I also used a 3 ring binder as a catalog of all my images. That worked fairly well and I still use it at a boutique.

My husband and I are wanting to travel and do a few (indoor only ;) shows. We're thinking we won't take any inventory, just promote and take orders to make it easier. But displays are always an issue -- especially traveling.

Leen -- I've been thinking about using the coroplast, but I'll have to cut it down or hinge them somehow to fit flat in my little wagon. Fun fun.

Good luck Jennifer.

Posted at 4:14 pm Jun 23, 2012 EDT

I have created a slideshow of our pics and set my laptop on the table and let it run. People seem to like that but a binder is a great idea too, looks more like a catalog and people love to flip through catalogs!

Posted at 12:06 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT