Rim & Bear Mountain Community Etsy Artists Shop Tips and Promotional ideas

Rim & Bear Mountain Community Etsy Artists is a moderated team with the following requirements:

We ask that you:

Comply with the “Etsy DOs and DON'Ts for Teams.”

Live in the local San Bernardino Mountain Community.

Please share fellow members through e-mailing, social networks, local sites and area promoting, blogging and Etsy Treasuries and share who/where/when you are promoting in the designated Team Discussion.

Tag any Team member(s) featured Treasuries with “RBMCteam” (no quotes).

Elsewhere

crissymohr says

You are welcome and encouraged to share what business and promotional tools are working for you.

If you're new, or are looking for tips, you are welcome to ask questions and anyone is welcome to answer as well.

Posted at 2:22 pm Dec 21, 2010 EST

Highlighted Responses What is this?

crissymohr says
Highlighted Post

Also, just a suggestion:

I've noticed the more pages/shops I find and "friend" or "follow" (depending on the networking site), the more I get. So, when I find other Etsy Shops promoting on Facebook, I "like" and "Suggest Friends," in hopes that they might do the same, so we can all help each other boost viewing stats. On Twitter, I try to find all of the people I regularly network with, as well as other fellow Etsy Shop Owners. Again, I'm noticing the more I "follow," the more I get "followed!" It's pretty cool, actually!

So, don't just look at someone's Etsy FB page, "like" it and "suggest" it, so the love returns back to you! On Twitter, follow other Etsy Shops who follow you! ;o)

Posted at 9:11 pm Mar 16, 2011 EDT

To all,

If none of you have a facebook fan page, yet. I fully suggest you make one. It's easy to do. Plus, only 7 of my friends have fanned me so far, but I've had almost 100 views to my page.. I don't know if it's brought any sales. But, you have to admit that's a lot of views for 1 week.

Posted at 11:50 am Dec 22, 2010 EST

Oh, you can check out my fb page here:

www.facebook.com/pages/Stone-Mountain-Studio/147397145311165?v=wall

and please "like" me, if you are so inclined.

Posted at 11:51 am Dec 22, 2010 EST

crissymohr says

That's why I recently joined Twitter. I noticed quite a bit of traffic referral from there, but never used it myself. So, why not? It's free, after all. . . I've noticed the Etsy On Sale App gets quite a bit of traffic too.

Posted at 1:46 am Dec 24, 2010 EST

"Etsy On Sale App"? Not sure what that is. Care to share?

Posted at 4:13 pm Dec 26, 2010 EST

crissymohr says

www.etsyonsale.com has a video about it. You basically plug in what type of sale you want in which sections of your shop on specific dates and create a sales event and the app sets up your shop with the sale for you.

Posted at 10:39 pm Dec 28, 2010 EST

you can also start a sqidoo lens that links back to your shop. sqidoo is similar to a blog, and you can get paid from it. the more lenses you make the more you can link to your shop. you do the lenses on tips and topics you would like to share with the public.
this is mine, just to give you an idea.
www.squidoo.com/how-to-care-for-your-oil-painting

Posted at 11:59 pm Jan 9, 2011 EST

crissymohr says

Classifieds:

ARTISTS WANTED! NEW HANDMADE co-op boutique in a very hip area of los feliz, ca. will be opening soon and looking for artisans. space in the store will be approx. $100 to 200 a month, plus 20 percent commision. this is an estimate but it will not be higher. store to be set up like a boutique and not with stalls. style with be a combination of urban, vintage and modern. please contact me if you are interested with photos or links of your work, hlegends@aol.com, and i will you on the "interested" list. i am so excited about this project and hope we have the opportunity to work together, thank you and best wishes, marci

p.s. photo is of my handmade boutique in new york, over 90% esty members, shabby chic style!

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with this ad. I'm simply sharing it per a polite request.

Posted at 7:25 pm Jan 24, 2011 EST