SEAM (South Eastern Artists of Michigan) Rust belt market

SEAM (South Eastern Artists of Michigan) has the following requirements:

Anyone in the south eastern Michigan area.

I have posted this question in other southeast Michigan groups but was wondering if anyone here had any input. I recently looked into the rust belt market in ferndale and was wondering if anyone has ever had a table there and if you did well. What kind of things typically sell there? Larger or smaller? I will probably go check it out one of these weekends but am considering doing a booth closer to the holidays. Thanks for any input!

Posted at 6:34pm Jun 22, 2012 EDT

I have been wondering this too. I haven't been able to drive out there yet, I really need to check it out.

Posted at 9:08am Jun 23, 2012 EDT

It's really hot in there in the summer! Don't know why.

Posted at 2:02pm Jun 27, 2012 EDT

Someone on another forum mentioned the heat too. lol I was looking at going in the fall but that is good to know!

Posted at 8:58pm Jun 27, 2012 EDT

Because they don't air condition it - they leave the doors open in the summer.
I used to live 2 blocks away from there.

Posted at 7:59am Jun 30, 2012 EDT

I don't know why they don't have a/c . . . .

Posted at 10:29pm Jul 6, 2012 EDT

Because I would guess, it is big building with high ceilings.

Posted at 8:40pm Jul 10, 2012 EDT

It's hard to stay in there and shop, too. At least for me....

Posted at 4:04pm Aug 1, 2012 EDT

If you can get space during Funky Ferndale (Sept 14-15-16) it's a good weekend. I was there just on Saturday and it was well worth my time! I'll be there this year again for the entire weekend.

I did one Saturday in October and one in November last year and did well.

I sold everything from high ticket items to $2 blank note cards. My advice is to definitely take your pricey items, but have something under $5 or $10 for those shoppers who like your work but don't have the money to spend. These shoppers will often plunk down a couple of bucks just because they like what you do. And take business cards. Stick your card in their hands and tell them you are on Etsy. I had many people contact me in the months before the holidays.

Good luck, Sarah!

Posted at 11:10pm Aug 1, 2012 EDT

Tracy says

I was at the Rustbelt market about a month ago, I thought is was... well small compared to what I thought- alot of the vendors were selling the same things.

Posted at 9:33am Aug 4, 2012 EDT