ETC A Downer Thread

ETC is a moderated team with the following requirements:

Anyone can join! Just jump right in and say hello!
Due to spammers and sock puppets, only accounts more than 90 days old are accepted.

My mom called me while I was in my doc appt. this morning and left me a message that they took my grandma to the ER and she was unresponsive. They were driving down to the hospital. Her phone is off and I don't know what is going on.

She has been in the hospital for a couple of weeks but she was supposed to be getting better. I live 2 states away and was planning on visiting her in Oct. on my son's Fall break. I have epilepsy and I don't drive so getting home is hard for me.

Well now I am hell bent on getting home like today or tomorrow. My mom is going to need me. Hubby is arguing with me over it but too bad I am going. Enough screwing around. Even if she comes out of this, I at least want to be able to say I saw her one more time in case something should happen. I haven't seen her since last Christmas.

Just wanted to vent because I am a little frustrated right about now.

Posted at 11:20am Aug 16, 2012 EDT

Mary from TangoBrat says

Aw Ribbon......*HUG* I hope your grandma is okay.

Posted at 11:28am Aug 16, 2012 EDT

awww how will you get there? Good luck! I understand the frustrations of living far awy. It can be tough.

Posted at 11:30am Aug 16, 2012 EDT

Kate from NailKandy says

(((hugs))) Go see her. Why is your hubby arguing with you? Don't listen to him just go. I hope she's okay and if she is, seeing you will probably really cheer her up and help her get better quickly :)

Posted at 11:30am Aug 16, 2012 EDT

Thanks guys!!! Just got off the phone with hubby. He is more understanding now. We are just 2 different people. I was raised a real family oriented person and he was not. So I think I am going to fly there after I talk to my mom in a little bit. I feel a little better now that hubs called and we aren't arguing anymore.

Posted at 12:05pm Aug 16, 2012 EDT

Aww tons of prayers and hugs your way. it is good for you to go see her.

Posted at 12:14pm Aug 16, 2012 EDT

Just wanted to say thanks for everyones kind words the other day. Turns out I did not have to travel home. The nursing home overdosed my grandma on Vicodin!!!!! She ended up finally waking up later in the afternoon wondering what the hell happened to her. The nursing home claims they only gave her 1 pill. Yeah right, the woman almost died. So she is doing as well as can be expected right now, thanks for all of your Hugs and thoughts and prayers. It was much appreciated.

Posted at 6:12pm Aug 18, 2012 EDT

That's a happy turnaround.

Is that appropriate?

Posted at 7:07pm Aug 18, 2012 EDT

I am glad she is doing better Ribbon.

Posted at 8:00pm Aug 18, 2012 EDT