Vintage Lovers NEED HELP? IS THIS VINTAGE? WHAT IS THIS? June 10th - 16th

Vintage Lovers is a moderated team with the following requirements:

Vintage buyers who want to learn about vintage. Vintage sellers with well-researched, accurately dated vintage, substantial knowledge of what they sell and with more than 15 items in their shop.

This topic has been closed.

Lisafromsomersaultvintage says

I have wooden miniature chairs, handmade, in danish modern style. Does anyone know where I might get help? I mean like the links for beads, paint by numbers, buttons, etc. Thanks.

Posted at 7:04 am Jun 14, 2012 EDT

Julie says

Boost

Posted at 12:38 pm Jun 14, 2012 EDT

I found these in a box of vintage sewing supplies. Any idea of what they are? They measure 1/2" wide, 3/8" tall.

www.flickr.com/photos/64207680@N07/with/6024258217/#photo6024258217

Posted at 11:45 pm Jun 14, 2012 EDT

GoodEye from GoodEye says

Karen.. found in box of sewing supplies

Those are formal shirt buttons. They are used in the cuffs also.
Many mens vintage tuxedo shirts have no buttons at all. These type buttons were often sold in sets ( 6pc to 12 pcs). Some were very elegant, some very simple and basic.

I have seen some that were made of Gold and precious stones, which came in their own jewelry box. Google 'Vintage mens formal buttons' or tuxedo buttons...perhaps you will find simular ones.

Posted at 12:54 am Jun 15, 2012 EDT

GoodEye from GoodEye says

Also Karen - @ TheFrontHouse

See these listings on Etsy, with good examples of several types of cufflink buttons , including a few like your find.

www.etsy.com/search/vintage?search_submit=Search&q=cufflink+buttons...

Posted at 1:15 am Jun 15, 2012 EDT

GoodEye - Thanks!

Never would have thought of this. Now I'll know where to begin my looking :-)

Thanks again.
Karen

Posted at 1:29 am Jun 15, 2012 EDT

GoodEye from GoodEye says

Sunny M - @ LunaJuncttion

During the height of the mid-century era, (mostly 60s 70s), several designers made miniature Danish Modern furniture,...( Hans Von Klier for Planula, ...Saarinen

Those pieces were rather sought after a few years ago. I read about them in one of my MCM reference books : Buyers Guide - Millers 20th Century Design.by Paul Renne .

I have seen several pieces, which were beautifully made....Some pieces were very valuable $$$$ and others $.

Look for markings, save the box if available,..Search for the full scale images of those pieces, for it may give you an idea of provenance.

Posted at 1:29 am Jun 15, 2012 EDT

GoodEye from GoodEye says

Sunny.....Show us the miniatures...please!

Posted at 1:31 am Jun 15, 2012 EDT

GoodEye from GoodEye says

Lisafromsomersaultvintage ----- The above two meassages about the minature MCM furniture is for you

Sorry, Lisa...show us you miniature furniture!

Posted at 1:42 am Jun 15, 2012 EDT

Good Eye, The question was not from me, but from Lisa--somersaultvintage. I just moved it here.

Posted at 7:18 am Jun 15, 2012 EDT