Vintage Lovers Daily Chat Saturaday July 7th

Vintage Lovers is a moderated team with the following requirements:

Vintage buyers who want to learn about vintage. Vintage sellers with well-researched, accurately dated vintage, substantial knowledge of what they sell and with more than 15 items in their shop.

This topic has been closed.

Good Morning All.........I feel like I'm in the Twlight Zone......where is everyone at.

Hope everyone is ok.....never been up this late and no one around.

Well all my company went to Dollywood this morning so getting a little brake.
Those granddaughters of mine sure can giggle (25 and 17) I hope I wasn't that silly at that age:)

I think I might work on all those listings I have to get ready for the CIJ sale coming up, have a lot of tags to change and I'm reading from some in the past years that it isn't worth it. Anyone here have any experiences to tell that might stop me from doing all this extra work....which I think it's gonna be extensive.

We have cooled down a little here with the rain storm and we needed that rain bad so it's ok.

Everyone have a great Saturday and hope you find lots of goodies if your out on a hunt.

Have to make a big refund today - last thing I mailed out got broken and I thought I had it so secure..at least I insured it.

Talk to every one later.

Posted at 7:57 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT

Good morning! Yes JP, I was wondering the same thing myself, where is everyone? It is like the twilight zone, kind of spooky, but I'm here with ya!

I have a couple of things to accomplish today. I need to head to Lowes to look at screen doors, then to Verizon to complain about my phone, then to the auction, which I've missed for the last 2 weeks due to traveling and company.

Have a great day!

Posted at 8:12 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT

Marc from efinegifts says

Good morning!

jp - everyone must be out at the sales this morning. We have never done Christmas in July. It's Christmas all year round at our shop! If there was a way to bulk edit tags, we might consider it.

Glad to hear you got some rain and things have cooled down a bit. It is very dry here and we don't usually get rain until October. The grass is crunching. We are expecting a heat wave next week. Not looking forward to that.

Hoping the sales fairy pays everyone a visit.

Posted at 8:15 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT

Marc from efinegifts says

Maggie - prayers said and hope your friend is out of the hospital soon.

Congrats on your 100th sale!!

Posted at 8:19 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT

Good morning - Finally a morning we decided to not get up at 6 for lawn sales, flea market, etc. but the cat who usually lets me sleep yowled sweet nothings in my ear, so here I am. Waiting for coffee.

I considered Christmas in July but the changing tags was a daunting issue. I've gotten several sales the last week or so (to my surprise) so July is starting off well for me, in spite of my laziness.

Marc, I'm still sorting the tubs of Christmas stuff I bought on Wednesday from a dealer. Christmas in July takes on new meaning! You would probably enjoy this stuff - everything from funky 60s plastic ornaments to a lovely old huge kugel. Which always makes me think of my mother's potato kugel - not an ornament!

I hear the water boiling - coffee calls. Back later.

Posted at 8:27 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT

I slept in. Very unusual for me. I'm always up between 6 and 7. There is an estate auction this morning run by my favorite co-op antique guys, but I don't really feel like going. I have so much to list and since I couldn't get here most of the day yesterday because of the internet, I might just stay in and work.

Our little house guest Nellie is going home today. I can't believe she was here 10 days. Such a sweet dog, I'll miss her, but she only lives around the corner.

No CIJ for me. I'm still working on my titles and tags and it will be Christmas in December before I'm finished.

Have a good Saturday!

Posted at 8:28 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT

sorry to hear about your refund situation JP

I checked here but didn't know if it was ok to start the chat, so I went and ate too big of a breakfast, now I'm trying to let it digest.

We were supposed to go to motor vehicle this morning but my husband cancelled that idea, which is just fine by me.

I didn't even put any new $5 finds up yesterday. I am so out of it. Is it because the grand kids have summer vacation so my brain decided to go too?!

We are still working on hay and the weather is hot and sunny so we decided to do the date thing for the anniversary celebration on Sunday. We may get thunderstorms tomorrow so I'm thinking a nice museum and a meal would suit both our tastes.

Have fun at the auction Lisa.

I hope everyone has a fun filled Saturday.

Posted at 8:33 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT

Good morning all! No garage sales or auctions today :( I may run over to a flea market though... perfect weather all weekend, so my plans are up in the air. Have a great day all!

Posted at 8:58 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT

My oldest daughter just called me with some very bad news and I really need some group prayers for my nephew's wife who was rushed to the hospital yesterday and it's not looking good. She is only 40 and from what I understand, she had a stroke. They performed emergency brain surgery yesterday, but as of right now, there is no blood flow to her brain. Please, please, please, I'm not sure what my nephew would do without her. They have 2 young beautiful sons, she is only 40; I don't understand, this can't happen!

Posted at 8:58 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT

Lisa, I'm so sorry. Thinking positive thoughts and sending prayers your way.

Posted at 9:09 am Jul 7, 2012 EDT