Etsy International Random chat NO PROMO

Etsy International is a moderated team with the following requirements:

**Please note- this forum is for international topics only. Please do not post promo threads in the forum**

This is an open forum for all etsy members interested in international buying and selling on etsy!

No rules or participation requirements beyond etsy's normal forum posting policies (no spammy promos please).

awww...sorry bout your mom Heather. good luck with it all. :\

@Pam- well, i just designed it. my dad has to figure out if he can make it work! ha ha! :D

Posted at 8:02 pm Jun 22, 2012 EDT

we're off to collect daughter (and all her assorted belongings!) this weekend, she's just finished teacher training and is stony broke so is coming home till her job starts in september.

I'm too old to be a removal man LOL

Posted at 4:02 am Jun 23, 2012 EDT

Oh heck I remember my youngest coming home from Italy. She stayed in the UK for 6 weeks missed it so much went back the tooing {is that a word?} and frowing was so tiring. Ha ha Might take up poetry lol. Take care don't forget to take a brake, enjoy her while you have her she will fly the nest for good soon enough. X

Posted at 3:37 am Jun 24, 2012 EDT

Hi everyone, I was stopping by the international forum to look for Bogotá/Colombia things but got up here! ElectronicGirl that is awesome about designing the irrigation system :)

Posted at 12:57 pm Jun 24, 2012 EDT

This post has been removed.

Posted at 6:53 pm Jun 24, 2012 EDT

Marietta, please don't post promotions here.

Posted at 2:36 am Jun 25, 2012 EDT

Heather, I think at least 2 of my siblings have moved home at one time or another. Its nice that you can be there for your daughter.

And I had a sister who decided to move in with me for a summer. It was one of the best summers I had as we actually treated each other as adults. We'd not spent a lot of time together in ages.

Posted at 5:13 pm Jun 29, 2012 EDT

well - it's been a week and I'm gradually learning to treat my daughter as the 25 year old woman that she is, and not the teenager she used to be - old habits die hard!!

and in other news - Happy Canada Day!

Posted at 6:01 am Jul 1, 2012 EDT

Originally I almost booked a spot in a Canada Day street Fest, so glad that I didn't now, considering the weather and the amount of work the two of us have to do.

My sister moved home for 10 months, it was very stressful, relationships still haven't recovered...but everything depends on how considerate people choose to be towards each other. Some grown children regress when they move home, some parents dote more than is healthy.
If your daughter acts like an adult (instead of a teenager), and you let her be responsible (or ask for her to help out with things that need doing ) , I'm sure things will go smoothly.

Posted at 6:50 am Jul 1, 2012 EDT

I think the trouble is she is SOOO stressed after the year she's had, and she still has so much to deal with (she absolutely MUST pass her driving test this time, got "meet the parents" at her new job next week, got to find a new flat in an unknown area etc etc) so I just want to "make it better" like mums are supposed to.

trying to hold back though - by her age I was a mum myself!

Posted at 7:44 am Jul 1, 2012 EDT