SASsy Critiques Listing Questions/Critique Needed

SASsy Critiques is a moderated team with the following requirements:

**Please remember: Post a specific critique question to the forum discussion. We cannot help with complete general critiques.**

- We ONLY answer questions related to Etsy shops. (No treasuries, blogs, off site shops, facebook accounts, etc.)

- We will also NOT critique your art or craft, as all art is subjective.

- We will NOT critique your prices. Prices can only be determined by the seller based on their costs, overhead and desired profit.

- Please be patient when asking questions, a SASsy Team Mentor will answer your questions as soon as possible. Mentors are volunteers and deserve to be treated with respect. Anyone not doing so, will be removed from the forum.

- Please do not use this forum to promote your shop, blog, treasuries, Heartsy, website or services. Promotional or other off topic thread will be closed.

- Anyone is welcome to comment or give their opinions or advice in the Critique forum. The "SASsy Mentors" will identify themselves in the forum comments as a mentor.

- For all team members, please make sure your comments are constructive and kind. If we see any comments that are rude, negative or mean spirited, you may be removed from the forum.

- No critique games (ie., "critique the person above you" or "Ill critique you if you critique me"). These thread will be closed.

- If you need to talk about a specific transaction or have a question that might be sensitive or not appropriate for discussion in a public forum (ie customer dispute), please contact a mentor by private convo: http://etsymentors.blogspot.com/p/find-mentor.html

You can also read through our "Shop Critique Check List" on our blog to see if you can troubleshoot your shop problems yourself. http://etsymentors.blogspot.com/p/critique-your-own-shop.html

Members must abide by the Etsy Terms of Use: http://www.etsy.com/policy/terms

Anyone is welcome join the forum, but you must apply and be approved first.

Thanks for joining!!

Cindy
SASsy Mentor Team Captain

Hi All! I am having some trouble with this one listing, and I was hoping someone might be able to offer some insight. This was one of the first items I listed in my shop, and everything else I listed around that time has sold by now. I'm not sure what it is about it. It has quite a few hearts (compared to other items in my shop), and people always say that they like it, but it hasn't sold.

Maybe it is something in my description, the photos need to be different, or my tagging is off? Thanks for letting me know if anything stands out that needs improving, or that would turn a buyer on or off when viewing the listing!
www.etsy.com/listing/80563807/small-purse-fabric-handbag-batik

Posted at 12:58 pm May 15, 2012 EDT

I think seeing it on a person would help- there is no sense of scale in the picture. Also, in the description you use the words free and shipping, which means, if you are syndicated it will not be uploaded to google shopping...

Posted at 3:49 pm May 16, 2012 EDT

Can you explain more about google shopping? What do you mean about using certain words inhibiting you from being uploaded?

Posted at 3:42 pm May 17, 2012 EDT

Hi Bonnie and Briana

There is no specific answer to that, it could be that the right person who will like it hasn't seen it yet.

Description - the first part needs to be a sentence or two say what it is including all the keywords from your title and a bit more - at the moment it doesn't.
Make sure all the suggested areas in 2 (see the link below) are covered in your description and that includes metric measurements.

Tags - these need to be 2-3 word phrases made up primarily of words in your title. They are to say what the item is and not what you could do with it. Take out the second Bags and Purses as you already have that as a tag from your category ie use it for something else. Your tags should be things like, batik fabric purse, pink and purple, lined fabric purse, bead embellishment, tie dyed handbag, stripe fabric purse and so on.

For further information on the above and a lot more see 1 & 2 in this link. www.etsy.com/teams/7702/sassy-critiques/discuss/10092412

Claire
Captain / SASsy Mentor

Posted at 4:38 pm May 17, 2012 EDT

Thanks for all the suggestions! I didn't know that google keeps you out of shopping searches if you have the words free and shipping, even when they're not next to each other. I will change some of my listings, because all of them have that! My shop is syndicated, but if I search for my shop's name in google shopping, nothing comes up...hmmm...could be related.

Thanks Claire for the info! Not sure what you meant by "and that includes metric measurements", but I followed the advice in those posts. I am not so great at brainstorming other ways to describe my items for tagging, so that really helps! I'm going to change a little bit of the wording in my shop announcement after re-reading that last link's info.

Posted at 12:32 am May 18, 2012 EDT

It means include all the suggested areas for information in a description and one of those is metric as well as imperial measurements.

Posted at 8:35 pm May 18, 2012 EDT

Hi everyone,

have just completely re-vamped my shop by splitting my photography and original artwork into two shops. Izzy Verena Photography is now more coherent, organised into sections and it's much easier to see what's in there. What do you guys think? Would love some feedback xx

Posted at 10:33 am May 19, 2012 EDT

Hi everyone, I am in need of advice. I have been on etsy for many years and recently have gotten serious on selling. With that being said my sales are bad. I have had etsy people look over my shop and give me ideas, I tried to improve pictures, tags, descriptions, etc. I get views but no sales. Please some one look over my shop and tell me what I missed, its like I am not visible or something. I have other favorite shops that I watch and they don't have clear pictures or even better descriptions and sell constantly. Please help, any advice would be great. I sell mens shirts and tie. Thank you so much, Darlene

Posted at 11:49 am May 19, 2012 EDT

Izzy and Darlene

Please can you start your own threads posting your own shop specific questions. It makes it much easier for us to give suitable responses if it is done this way.

Claire