Southeastern United States Vintage Sellers. Do you SELL vintage so you can BUY vintage?

Southeastern United States Vintage Sellers. has the following requirements:

Persons that live in the following States that sell Vintage:
KY, WV, VA, NC, TN, AR, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC, FL

Here's what I mean: I get a thrill from finding and buying vintage things, mostly at thrift stores. When I finally admitted to myself that I had too much clutter, I instituted a "one thing in- one thing out" policy, which meant if I brought home another item, I had to give away an item to compensate. That worked for a while....

Then I started selling my artwork on Etsy. And since most of my work incorporates repurposed/upcycled materials, I found myself often in thrift stores...and unable to stick to "one thing in- one thing out." But alas! Now that I had an Etsy shop, I could SELL some of those treasures. It's hard to let go of some of them, but it's nice to have them for awhile. And I love having an excuse to BUY more vintage and get that thrill.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else do this? Sell vintage on Etsy (or wherever) so you have an excuse to buy vintage?

Posted at 11:28 am Mar 13, 2012 EDT

Hey, Southeastern Vintage Sellers...I feel so alone out here! Anyone wanna share?

Posted at 3:51 pm Mar 14, 2012 EDT

C'mon, anyone?

Posted at 11:16 pm Mar 19, 2012 EDT

I am the same way. I keep the local thrift store in business!

Posted at 10:07 pm Mar 25, 2012 EDT

Aha! Glad to hear it, Marie!

I also decorate with some of my shop items. I've had two Soovia Janis prints hanging in my kitchen for months, and someone bought one yesterday. Now I need to look through my stash to see what I can put up in its place....Or go shopping again :)

Posted at 11:24 am Mar 28, 2012 EDT

I'm that way too Cindy and Marie. Recently retired and now have all the time in the world to go junkin...lol... Love the thrill of the hunt, but some of it has to go. Having a ball with etsy.

Posted at 10:49 pm Apr 9, 2012 EDT

Hi everyone! That is soooooo typical of me too!!! So you are not alone! And retirement just gives you more time to hunt down those great items....but I wish it gave me more room to store them!!! I've enjoyed doing my recycling art work too even though I haven't listed any....yet!

Posted at 9:23 pm Apr 15, 2012 EDT

My boyfriend thinks I'm turning into a hoarder...but I say "honey it's merchandise!". Having a shop now totally has given me the excuse to thrift more and more. Even on vacations I think "what thrift stores can I check out around here". Lol it's kinda crazy.

Posted at 5:21 pm Apr 29, 2012 EDT

Emily, I think I may borrow that line: "honey it's merchandise!" Love it!

Posted at 12:18 am Apr 30, 2012 EDT

Yes, that is exactly why I opened up my Etsy shop! I need a way to keep the flow going or I have to stop the buying madness! Currently looking for a space here in central NC to put the bigger pieces, like furniture. Any other Etsy sellers looking for the same?

Posted at 9:28 am May 14, 2012 EDT