We are pleased to announce that Canada Post has reached a tentative short-term agreement with the Canadian Union of Postal Workers . The agreement makes a work disruption extremely unlikely and Etsy buyers and sellers should now feel comfortable relying on Canada Post for their shipping needs.
Please scroll to the responses below for the most up-to-date information.
Etsy Shipping Team
We are reaching out today to inform you of the possibility of a service disruption to Canada Post, potentially affecting shipments to, from and within Canada. If service is disrupted, Canada Post will likely halt the acceptance of new shipments and the delivery of mail and parcels already in the mailstream.
In the event of a service disruption, Etsy will continue to be available for both Canadian buyers and sellers and we encourage our sellers to keep their shops running. We’ve put together some information below on the expected impact of the service disruption and tips that may be helpful for your shop.
+How will this affect me?+
- For sellers in Canada, this will likely impact your ability to purchase Canada Post shipping either on Etsy or at Canada Post retail counters and your ability to ship via Canada Post to, from and within Canada.
- For sellers shipping to Canada, this will likely affect all shipments that are handled by Canada Post, including shipments by national carriers like USPS and Royal Mail.
+What can I do to keep my business running?+
- If there is a service disruption, there are several alternate shipping services available to you to complete your Etsy orders. Services like FedEx, UPS, DHL, NetParcel and ChitChatExpress will not be impacted by the dispute and may be used to deliver your packages to, from and within Canada. We encourage you to use these alternate services to complete your Etsy orders.
- You may also want to keep potential buyers informed of the disruption and potential impact to handling times by adjusting your shop policies or contacting them directly.
+What will Etsy do during this time?+
- If there is a service disruption, Etsy will proactively communicate with buyers receiving orders in Canada and purchasing from Canadian sellers to set expectations on shipment and service disruptions.
- Etsy will not hold you responsible for delayed shipments as they relate to Canada Post, so long as you otherwise follow Etsy’s policies.
We’ll be keeping you and our community updated as new details emerge through this Forums thread. For official updates on the latest developments, please visit www.canadapost.ca/update.
We are committed to providing you with the best services possible during this time. For any additional questions with regards to this issue, you may contact Etsy Support for help at www.etsy.com/help/contact.
Thank you for your patience,
Etsy Shipping Team