Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Critique My Shop Please!

I am looking for a critique of my shop please.

I would like to get more sales through Etsy because I like the site and the fees are cheaper. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have people who favorite my items but I don't seem to get the sales. Yet these same pendants are selling on ebay.

Is it just a matter of not enough traffic to my listings?

7 Responses

I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Please delete
No you didn't post this in the wrong forum ^_^ Sorry for the little response. Don't get discouraged. It probably better in this forum to ask a question about your shop like how do I get more views or what do you think about my pictures then Can you Critique My Shop Please! ^_^ To answer your question Your shop looks really nice and I see you made a lot of sales. You should read these 2 articles to get some great idea on how to make more sales. One is Newbies. Here's why you're not selling yet. www.etsy.com/teams/7722/business-topics/discuss/5215453/page/1 This is not just for newbies and it's very helpful in understanding how etsy works in an entertaining way. The second is 2,000 sales on Etsy! How I did it www.etsy.com/teams/7722/business-topics/discuss/6278543/page/141# I really love her suggestions. It helped me out a lot. It's all about making connections and being very very very patient. You got great items. You just have to keep you head up, make the changes mentioned in the 2 articles and keep moving forward. I wish you much success in the future.
Thank you for your help. I really love Etsy and I purchase all my supplies here but it is frustrating to only have 4 sales this year.

I will read the articles you suggested and see what changes I can make to increase my traffic and sales.
For the sake of Google, I would suggest not using the word "free" in your title and description. Google doesn't much like the word and is known to penalize sellers for using it. As for critiquing your shop, Etsy has a good critique team who, I am sure, can offer you some good suggestions. Good luck!
I would change the photography, the background of most pendants isn't very attractive and that is so important to feature in treasuries and so be seen much more.
And I think your titles aren't very strong. The first three words of the title are the most important to show up in search results.
For example, someone wouldn't search for 'Black cat face' when they search for a pendant.

Good luck!!
Wanda - I think Etsy removed the shop critique forums when they switched to teams. I can't seem to find it anymore. Do you have a link?

Marion - What would you suggest would be a better title for that black cat face pendant?
Hello Brenda,

I understand your question about naming the pendant but remember the point of the search. Think like a buyer, what would a buyer type in the searchbox when they want a pendant?
The first three words of the title are the most important.
Then in the first lines of your description, the words used in the title should come back. And so on for the tags.
This article explains it well www.etsy.com/help/article/247
Hope it helps.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.