Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

US Mail Delivery on Good Friday and Easter Monday?

Hi! I live in Canada but ship my US customer's orders from US. Is there mail delivery on Good Friday (April 6) and Easter Monday (April 9) in th US? I tried checking on the USPS.com site but couldn't find an answer. Thanks.

11 Responses

not sure, but probably not both
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:39pm Mar 31, 2012 EDT
I'm pretty sure there is. My kids have school both days...
There is mail service on both..
Wow, k, thanks! In Canada both days are Federal Holidays so no school, mail, banking...
I don't think those are PO observed holidays.
My son goes to a Christian school and he has good Friday off but not Easter Monday. He use to go to a Lutheran school and it would recognize both. But other than that, it's biz as usual around here..
What's Easter Monday? In the US, the day after Easter Sunday isn't a holiday. And since there's no banking or mail on Sundays, Easter is a non-event. Interesting that other countries celebrate Easter more :)
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:44pm Mar 31, 2012 EDT
US post office is open both Good Friday and Easter Monday. Here's the list of US Federal holidays

about.usps.com/news/events-calendar/2012-federal-holidays.htm

The USA is one of the few countries where Easter isn't observed at a national level
Thanks everyone!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.