Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Do you hoard supplies?

Is there a point where you stop yourself and say "if i dont make anything, i cant buy anymore"?

184 Responses

No never.
not here either
You never hoard or you never stop yourself? Lol
I am so bad at buying supplies for ideas i have in my head. i have cut way back, but i still buy alot.
I never stop myself hahaha. In fact, my husband and I are moving to a smaller apartment soon (booo) and I'm trying to get rid of TONS of stuff from previous projects/interests on Craigslist right now. It's not going so well, I just keep getting spammy emails. Ugh.

Anyway. I'm using the money I make from selling that stuff to, um, buy more supplies. I keep telling my husband that these supplies are smaller so it's still cutting down!
I throw nothing away, and I accept all freebies.

I am one stack of crap away from "Hoarders."

But, I am OCD about organizing, and I can lay my hands on whatever material or tool I need in minutes.
My supplies have a best before date, so I can only buy so much. Though I have a soft spot for hoarding essential oils and fragrance oils...
I try to tell myself not to buy more supplies. I tell myself "Make use of what you have," or "Wait until more products move," but in the end the other voice usually wins; the one saying "You can't sell what you don't have!"

Plus, I love to horde new beads and fancy things, it is too much fun!
I tell myself no all the time. Have for years. Then I ignore myself and buy everything I want. And then I get mad at myself and won't talk to myself.

One day I'm going to divorce me.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.