Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

starting out

Hey guys! I am relatively new to etsy. It has been about two months and I feel discouraged today. I haven't had one sale yet on etsy and I figured it was because I am starting out and I know everyone says the first sale can take so long! But should it really take this long? I am wondering what it is. I know it could be my pictures? Is it the prices? Or the items itself. I have a twitter and facebook and those aren't getting me too far either. I paid for weekly search ads here and I do get a fair amount of views, and often have items favorited... but not sold.

I just feel a bit bummed out. I have put a lot into my items in every way possible and have stayed positive thus far! Just looking for some feedback I suppose.

I really love etsy. And never knew how creative people can be until now. I think it's awesome and just really want to make this happen.

Anyways thanks for your time guys[=

6 Responses

It does take time, it was around 2 months before I had the first sale so just keep working at it, don't give up and good luck with your shop!
Well thank you I appreciate it. I really hope you are right.[=
I'm a little confused by this listing. Which one in the pics are you selling? Also, how long is the necklace? How big is the pendant? What are the materials used? Also, the more items in your shop the better chance you have of being seen.

www.etsy.com/listing/94529390/hand-made-native-style-jewelry
Alright very good point !! Thank you Laurie. ;]
If that necklace comes in the five different pendants, it would help you to list them all separately and that would in turn add more items to your shop. : )
Good point I appreciate it! I removed it for now and may relist with more info. P.s. I really like your collars!!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.