Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

What are your best selling sewing items?

What are your best selling sewing items?

Im trying to start my shop and im just curious what i should concentrate on.

Thanks in advance for your input!

26 Responses

You should concentrate on what you love to do the most. (Jumping into an already saturated market is not necessarily the best way to jump start a new business.) Consider what you would be happy making over, and over, and over and over and over again, lol.
Find something you enjoy, thats inspired, unique and crafted with love. Whether its an item that others make, it will sell with the story and care youve put in. Not because other people happen to sell lots of them.
Basically others are going to see this as: Tell me what you make that sells best so I can copy it and be your competition.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 1:21 pm Apr 6, 2012 EDT
My swimsuits sell very well for plus size women. And the competition isn't as saturated. Wanna give it a go? :)
UmlautGraphicsfromUmlautGraphics says

Basically others are going to see this as: Tell me what you make that sells best so I can copy it and be your competition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats what i almost put! Agreed!
Make what you like to make and don't worry what other's have that sale the best.
Good luck with your shop.
Im sorry im such a threat to people. Please keep your rude comments to yourself, I was looking for advise not be treated like crap!

Thank you to the people who replied with suggestions, I appreciate it!
LOL, I don't think anyone views you as a threat! But asking us "what our best selling items are so you know what to concentrate on", is fairly rude!

Anyway my best selling item at the moment is the triple ruffle baby sunsuits.
I didn't see it as rude at all. I love it when people ask for my help and advice.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 5:35 pm Apr 6, 2012 EDT
The little baby girl sweater you have as you avatar is darling, why not do it in some different colours and offer it in a selection of sizes and see how things go, good luck with your shop, and you may need thick skin in the forum, some people speak their mind, not to offend, but it's just how it goes.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.