Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Is anyone useing facebook ad?

I've been trying to figure out how to get it worked, but it looks very complicated. Is anything using it at the moment?

I found that Etsy ad is easier to understand. What do you think?

30 Responses

I tried it a couple of times to get more fans on my Facebook page. I didn't have much luck. But too my ad was created by me and not a professional. It really is one of the cheapest ways to reach the masses.

If would recommend testing it first before spending a lot of money though.

Good luck to you. Love your little bunny earrings - adorable.
I recently used $150 worth of facebook ads, that I got for free from facebook. I gained about 240 fans. It works best if you narrow down your target audience. For some people, etsy ads do not do much. My facebook ads have not gotten me any sales so far.
er? free? how does it work? please explain :)
Thanks Jema, love your cute buttons as well :)
Orion from RobertKlineArt

Changed from OrionsTreasures on Jul 1, 2015

8:46 am Apr 9, 2012 EDT
IMHO - Google advertising is the best if you are going to PAY for the advertising. Most of the time you can get $100 in free Google advertising for opening an Adsense account with them.

Leslie is correct. Narrow down the search terms for best results.
I did the free $50 ad, got enough fans for the $100 free ad and then the free $100 ad did not work, I kept getting an error message and no one from Facebook ever got back to me about it.

It did get me a ton of likes, but I don't think it led to any purchases
If you go with facebook ads make sure your fb page is FULL of links to your shop.
Even if you don't go with fb ads make sure your fb page is FULL of links to your shop.
It's amazing how many fb pages aren't.
I just went through $150 in facebook ads I got free

got 332 new fans from it, and a handful of other new likes that didn't come from the ads.

it's not hard at all, even I was able to get it to work :)
I got the free $150 but I didn't set it up to stop at that amount so I got charged $26 last week. I was pretty mad, but I did get over 300 new fans. I doubt any of them will buy anything, their ages were mostly 13-17 even though my target age was a little higher.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.