Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Glue for oilcloth?

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 2:14 pm Apr 10, 2012 EDT
I need to find a glue that will work for the SHINY side of oilcloth. Something that would work on vinyl would be good. Any tips?

8 Responses

Hmm, are you looking for a glue or just an adhesive?
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 3:22 pm Apr 10, 2012 EDT
Ummmm...I guess I thought those were interchangeable terms. Whichever!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 5:52 pm Apr 10, 2012 EDT
I want to permanently put velcro on it and to sew it is difficult because it's in the center of a large piece. So I was just hoping to glue it instead.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:41 pm Apr 10, 2012 EDT
Anyone? Please?
i've heard this glue is pretty good....The Ultimate
www.crafterspick.com/

We're talking about that cloth with the vinyl side to it?

A good contact cement will do you.

Prep the area by wiping with denatured alcohol (rubbing alcohol will work in a pinch). Do this even if the fabric is brand new.

Elmers makes a contact cement, but I think you might be just as pleased with a tube of liquid nails.

The bond is crazy strong and the adhesive cures flexible.
You can use kwik-spray aerosol adhesive 12 oz cans, spray glue.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 10:41 am Apr 11, 2012 EDT
Christopher that is a perfect solution, thanks!! Thank you everyone for helping!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.