Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Paypal 21 day hold

Is anyone else on a Paypal 21 day hold for your funds?
This is now the SECOND time they've done this to me for no reason at all except to hold onto my money. I have never had any disputes or any problem with customers and currently only use Paypal for Etsy orders. I don't sell on Ebay.
Last time I got a 30 day notice to prepare - this time I got a 1 day notice to prepare for it.
They have my Federal ID number, my credit card, my bank account, my phone number and they're STILL putting holds on my money.
The only thing I can think of is last time the Paypal rep told me to ship through Paypal (I use Stamps.com) and it will get taken off sooner.

Is this happening to anyone else recently? Do you use other shipping services besides Paypal to print postage?

46 Responses

I'm pretty sure that what they're doing is illegal and someone posted a link the other day where you can go and report them to your state. Most states only allow for a 10 day hold, no longer than that, plus they can't make you use their shipping service. I would call them and threaten to turn them in.
It's getting really frustrating!
Wow, what a pain! I know some people have said that if they call, sometimes it is lifted faster. Maybe worth a shot if you haven't already.
Not yet... I'm looking into other payment avenues. Paypal has (seemingly) bitten off more than it can chew due to the high rate of scamming and they appear to be scrambling to fix it.

That, or interest on held payments. Probably both. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if their accounts are moving on to other venues.
I saw there is a large class action lawsuit against them now.
I dread this happening! I haven't had it happen but I'm sorry for you that it keeps happening. I'd do what Jennifer said and see if there's somewhere you can complain about it. They really shouldn't be impacting your business that way for no real reason. =/

It's a shame they're such a powerhouse. If they weren't such a necessary part of a lot of businesses they wouldn't have as much clout.
This happened to me too for no reason at all! I have literally thousands of positive sales.

Really frustrating.... I feel ya.
Yeah, I'll probably call them tomorrow but I doubt it will d anything. Last time when I called the reps didn't seem to even know the answer to any of my questions and it didn't really help.
Molly Spilane from UniqueArtPendants says

Yeah, I'll probably call them tomorrow but I doubt it will d anything. Last time when I called the reps didn't seem to even know the answer to any of my questions and it didn't really help.

---

I'd be firm and ask to talk to a manager or whoever is higher up than the regular call person. Make it clear that they're messing with your business and if they keep doing unwarranted things like this you'll take your money elsewhere.

Of course, it's easier said than done. I'd probably be like 'okay, thanks, bye' Lol. You can do it!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.