Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Help with International Shipping

Shipped a package to Hong Kong on March 19. Tracking number tracks it to Chicago on March 21. Buyer still has not received. What to do. The post office told me I could NOT insure when I shipped. It was shipped first class.

This is one reason I hesitate to ship internationl.

Any advice?

8 Responses

I would always insure thru a third party. I would give it alittle longer to arrive. I love shipping internationally. Always insure. I use shipsaver.
One of my packages to Hong Kong took a month..... But I do use Shipsaver for almost all my international packages.

www.etsy.com/apps/25219144/shipsaver-insurance
I've never shipped to Hong Kong, but I purchased from Hong Kong and it took a month to get it. I would have them wait a few more days to see if it shows up. I believe that even if the USPS doesn't offer insurance, you can still get it through a third party.

Good luck, I hope the package shows up safe and sound.
Karen from InspiredByBeth

Changed from beforethelandfill on Jan 18, 2016

12:22 pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT
I do a lot of international shipping. I do have stated in my policy that international orders are not guaranteed unless they use postage that tracks and guarantees. That can sometimes be double. Unfortunately, the customs number doesn't track in many countries.
Thanks, how do you get third party insurance? I am not familar with shipsaver.
It is probably stuck in customs. I have had several times when I ordered an international package, tracked it until it departed for the US, and then it disappeared.

It would take a week or so, and then magically appear in my mailbox.

Jammas from jammasgirls says

Thanks, how do you get third party insurance? I am not familar with shipsaver.
==================

Go to the shipsaver link that OnceUponAGem gave above.
Found it, it's provided by ingfrog which I already use for ebay!!!!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.