Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Instant Downloads

I am determined to figure out how to do this! I found one shop that figured out how to set up instant downloads and the only thing I can figure out is that it's some "rule" or "automator" set up to reply to certain emails with certain text in the message.

I've been looking for HOURS trying to figure this out. I can of course figure out how to get gmail to automatically reply to the emails I need it to, but I don't know how to get a specific attachment to go out w/ these.

WOOWEE.... what a headache. But it would be SO nice to figure it out as it would save those of us offering printables so much time! I promise to share on my blog if I somehow miraculously figure it out. I'm all for helping other shop owners out!

If you know any tricks... please pass them my way....

50 Responses

figured it out :)
Can you share what you learned? Thanks!
I lied. I didn't figure it out :(

I tested it out and it still sent the email to paypal instead of to the buyer's email address. BLAHHH!! SO FRUSTRATING!!!
I am also trying to do it. I think I am pretty close. Ughh my head hurts
I have it on a stand-alone site, using a third party, but I don't know of any way to do it on Etsy.
I think I am getting pretty close but testing it is a pain in the rear. Wish there was an easy way to test without doing a real order.
Marking - I'd like to know too.
if you can figure out how to get the auto emails to specific people, instead of an attachment, usually when I buy a download it sends me a link to it, not an attachment.
I'm SUPER interested in hearing if you figure it out !!!
But the truth is I don't think it could work via etsy unless they give us a tool,
I know it's easily done on a private website but not here.....

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.