Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

PayPal's Virtual Terminal?

I used PayPal's Virtual Terminal a while back to process credit card payments for a show I was doing. It caused me a lot of headaches when it came time to enter all the credit card info. and I ended up being unable to process some of them and so I lost money.
I'm on my way this weekend to a show and need to re-activate it or find some other way to accept credit cards. Anybody want to help convince me to skip the Virtual Terminal in favor of something else? I know there are a lot of alternatives, but are any of them QUICK and EASY to set up!? Any info. you can lend is greatly appreciated!

5 Responses

Search "craft show payments" and there will be tons of results. Here's a good thread on different methods: www.etsy.com/teams/7722/business-topics/discuss/10164480/
thanks Mel,
anybody else have any suggestions?
I use Square for my home alteration business. I have had no problems, and the money is usually in my account in 3 days. They send you a card scanner that plugs into your phone. They even work with your iPad.
LOVE Square

no monthly fees
flat 2.75% fee to process any payments
money transferred to your account the next business day
I used propay in the past, loved it. I know have a POS machine from Merchant Services. It is a costly machine, but I love it. I can take debit and credit cards. I can take it anywhere, no phone needed, no app needed.

I can use it for phone in orders too.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.