Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

shops closing on Etsy saddening.

I've seen several shops closed down over the past few days. A few forced by Etsy and most just due to overwhelming dishonesty here.

- they were all Real Handmade.

I miss them :(

29 Responses

Yes etsy is closing down honest sellers. And going to batt for dishonest ones

^^^^
Honest shops get closed for statements like that.

And the second shame is resellers don't usually support other etsy sellers but honest ones, like me often do.
Everyone has to be careful, things have caused people to begin calling out big time, and, it is against the T.O.U.s

Despite our own beliefs of any shop - if Etsy stands by them, they stand by them, and we just have to move on. We can't necessarily say any of them are dishonest... as hard as this whole things been.

It's NEVER worth losing your shop over an opinion of another shop.
That is sad and frustrating.

What ticks me off though, is people who had their shops closed for violating the TOS using their story as some sort of 'proof' that Etsy is unfair...................Not referring to closings in the last few days, referring to something I read today. :<
^^^^^
True story
I truly miss those shops. <3

... and there will be more :(
Victoria Benenati from DeweysNook says
Everyone has to be careful, things have caused people to begin calling out big time, and, it is against the T.O.U.s

Despite our own beliefs of any shop - if Etsy stands by them, they stand by them, and we just have to move on. We can't necessarily say any of them are dishonest... as hard as this whole things been.
------
I'm not talking about any shop in particular just the general feeling from the forums.
I'm just being careful with what I say...

Triple times moderating and seeing what I say is within the TOU.

I can't afford to be muted or closed myself. It's a touchy subject :)
Your shop is great by the way
It is quite scary in here these days,

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.