Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

homemade shampoo

Is it considered "handmade" if bulk shampoo or lotion is rebottled and sold under a new name?

69 Responses

Not sure what you are talking about but there are a lot of great sellers that sell shampoos
no, not handmade.
I'm trying to figure out how you would know that?
Shampoos and Lotions are mainly bases.
And all the work is already done for you
Im sure if you throw in your own color or scent.
package it yourself
design your own label and slap it on...
you can sell it here.
I wouldn't say that's homemade .
If someone is buying already made shampoo and just pouring it from one bottle to the next and putting their label, no, that's not considered handmade.
I would say this is:

Where is the OP please explain
This too:
www.etsy.com/listing/92274896/mango-hair-butter-whipped-mango-butter
In short, no, not in my opinion. If you take a shampoo base, make no alterations, and re-bottle it, then I wouldn't consider it handmade.

But, if you add extras like extracts, oils, etc, then yes, it is handmade. The difference? You added something of your own design, tweaked it until it was right. You put thought and effort into it. Plus, many of the bases come unscented with no frills. For me, I like shampoos that smell nice and leave my hair feeling fresh. And I like when shampoos have oils and extracts that help the hair look and feel healthy.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.