Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Are your item views more than your shop views?

Show Thread Summary

14 Responses

If you are trying to direct more people to your main store front page of your shop, try adding a link in each of your listings back to the main page:

To See More Items Click Here
myshop.etsy.com

This will encourage people to click directly to your main page to see your announcements and the first page of items at a glance.

Though yes, your item views will ALWAYS be higher than your shop views. And you want it that way, you want people to go crazy looking at all your amazing items :) If they are just viewing your "shop" then bouncing straight out, that would be a very good sign that your pics and titles probly need some work, as they are not drawing in the buyer to continue browsing more in depth.
Translate
Typically I have more item views than shop views.
Translate
You WANT more item views than shop views....

If someone views your shop homepage, that is a shop view....if they then click on individual items, those are item views.
I would rather have more item views, meaning people came to my shop and were interested enough to go through and click on individual items, than shop views, where people entered the shop and were NOT interested enough to click on anything.
Translate
Yep, put a link to your shop in every one of your listing descriptions.
Translate
Thank you everyone! I am new to posting on boards so I really appreciate all of your responses!
Translate

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.