Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

2300 Shops on strike against Etsy

Show Thread Summary

1136 Responses

Agreed Lisa. Just do what you want to do!
i dont even know what day of the week the 10th is
I wrote a blog post with my opinion on this in details, so if anyone's interested...

kteis.com/featured-artistdesigner/etsy-scandal-and-international-wo...

Happy Workers Day everybody :)
Kteis-
I just read your blog post. It was truly inspirational. While I am not an artist or craftsperson (I wish I were that talented) I stand behind you all in not wanting Etsy to support shops that are essentially importers of items made by "slave labor". I will be closing my shop for the day on the 10th and will be changing my avatar to my vintage reseller hands. I hope we are all heard.
Karen
The 10th is next Tuesday.
oops.. I was looking at the April calendar...It is next Thursday.
Can the prior post by me be deleted?
Beautiful blog and post, Kteis! :)
I'm a reporter for the Daily Dot writing an article about the protest. I'm wondering if any of the participating sellers could tell me how much profit they expect to lose by going into vacation mode on May 10?
Love your blog post working on my own as well.
Lauren I run about 15-30% of my business through Etsy depending on time of year. I may lose a sale to a random new customer which would be maybe 30-60 bucks on average for a single item. My return customers and majority of self brought customers will have no issue not shopping here that day and are even asking me for other locations they can purchase from me or asking for direct invoices via paypal. Hope that helps.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.