Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

200th Sale! What I have learnt!

Yay 200 sales, and so what I have learnt?

Absolutely nothing - lol!

I am still clueless about relevancy, and what keywords work, and what I should concentrate on. Most of my keywords only get 1 or two hits, in a month...so it's hard a decision to decide which ones to dump, since they all seem to be on par with one another!

Influx of sales in a week - Yep I have no clue why some weeks I will get more sales, and the following week it's dead as a doornail. Yes I could look at Google Analytic, but I can't decipher that program either.

Renewing- Who know's of that helps at all? Well I know it helps with one keyword, but it's not like when I renew something that I get an influx of sales. But who knows someone could see my item recently renewed and keep it in the back of their mind for a later date???

Working hard - It's seems the harder I try the less effective it is. Although I admit, doing new pieces of artwork quite regularly seems to build momentum. I know customers check back to see if I have done new 'works' recently.

Blog advertising - I have no real clue if that helps either, although I did see a good increase in facebook likes, and so may get potential customers later down the track.

Giveaways - Well that's one thing that I do see benefit to, whenever I do giveaways (on large blogs) I do get extra sales. Find a blog with lots of followers on facebook, twitter etc in your target market,

So yeah...there you have it I am clueless and not that business savy.

But one thing I have learnt, if I hadn't as a joke' put these illustrations up a year and half ago online, I would of never realised my passion, and what I am good at! So there is a lesson, 'try everything and anything, take risks, don't be afraid to fail and make mistakes, refine and master your skill'.

20 Responses

Congrats on your 200th sale! In two years, may you be anticipating your 2000th!
:D
congrats on the 200 sales! :) your shop is so lovely - may you have many more.
You're cracking me up! Congratulations on your 200th sale.
Congratulations!!!!
I love that you have learned pretty much what I have learned...still do not know what works, but something is working because I have sales and continue to find new and wonderful customers!

Many sales to you!!!!
Sorry lots of grammatical typos!
YAY congrats! I just had my 300th sale yesterday and I've learnt about the same as you lol :)
Honeycup: Congratulations on your 200th sale!

I understand being clueless on what works and what doesn't. I have read information from so many places and no where have I found a solid road map to online marketing for cottage industry businesses. I suppose it boils down to trial and error.....like most of life. ;-)
Congrats! love the illustrations!
Congrats on your many sales =D. Lol I still have 169 to go before hitting the big 200. Hope you have many more in the near future!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.