Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Do you have a website?

Do you have a website off etsy?

Does it really pay off?

Who do you host with?

Thanks. :)

32 Responses

i am working on it , i have a godaddy one
We host ours with Namecheap - they have 24/7 live help online which has been really useful - and use Supadupa to run the back end (we got in when it was free for early adaptors). We just set ours up a week or so ago but have already made a few sales through it!
@Sea how much was the domain registration?
Yes. I use Moonfruit.com and made the site with Sitemaker that comes with it. It is not expensive and I am really pleased with it. I don't think we are allowed to post a link but it is in my profile if you would like to see it. :)
We have a e-commerce website, it is only a couple of months old and it has not yet paid for itself. It is all thru yahoo.com
My domain name is registered through NameCheap. I bought it when they were having a $2 promotion but their regular price is pretty competitive too, I think it's usually about $9.95/yr. My standalone website is hosted through SupaDupa, I also got a free early bird account through them.
After seeing several other Etsian shop keeper's external website shops, I've decided to set up one myself. Many of their shops look really great. Some link back to Etsy, some don't bc they have a separate collection of items or sizes.

I'm working now to set up a shop using Weebly.com, link to Etsy, have a special collection not to Etsy, as well as link to my Blog. Weebly has a free version and paid versions. Zibbet.com will allow you to list 10 items free.

I think it is wise to have a shop outside of Etsy. It takes time to get established so it is best to promote both. Besides you never know what is going to happen when you put all of your "eggs in one basket."
At present my website just leads you back here to etsy...I can't post it because it also leads to another venue on which I sell. I can have a shopping cart but don't at this time. Annsliee is right, you never know what will happen.
@Sea how much was the domain registration?

------------

It was $10 or less - I can't remember - not very much, whatever it was! Hosting is $7ish a month.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.