Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Listing in Multiple Venues?

Just wondering for those of you who list on multiple sites, do you list the same items or different items?

If you sell the item on one site, do you just remove it from the other?

TIA!

14 Responses

Anyone?
I don't see any harm in the same item listed on multiple sites, but don't copy and paste your descriptions. It screws up Google search :)
good to know, thank you so much Ian
Hi Candice,
I have the same items listed on another venue. I am worrking to list different items on each venue as we speak.
because I can make multiples of each item, I do list the same items on both Etsy and Artfire.

I do believe that listing the same items on other venues is a breech of Etsy's terms. Because if you sell it off the other site, then delete it here, it will be seen as trying to skip payment to Etsy.
Debbi and Amanda from YankeeBurrowCreation says

I do believe that listing the same items on other venues is a breech of Etsy's terms. Because if you sell it off the other site, then delete it here, it will be seen as trying to skip payment to Etsy.

This is not true. If you only have one item, the worry would be selling it to two people at the same time. If you have more than one... Go fer it!!
Change the description so the bot doesn't catch you for duplicate content.
It's not against the TOUs to list the same things on other sites that you have here. You just can't put a link to them in your etsy shop.

Etsy can't tell you what you can sell and where.
I am selling on 4 different venues, all the same listings, it is not against TOU as long as you do not put a link in your Etsy shop to the other venues

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.