Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Accepting back an item after a year

What is your opinion about accepting back an item after a year. Would you accept back and refund money after a year the item was delivered?
Thank you for your response!

81 Responses

I would not, that is way too long. Heck, you could have filed your taxes on that sale already.
On my items no, but yours are of a different nature. I would need more details to make an informed opinion but this type of post is against the TOU's as calling out.
No way after a year. Are they crazy?
Oh dear. You poor thing. No. I have been in similar situations. You have to be real diplomatic.
Absolutely not, and it's pretty darn ballsy to ask, imo. What, did the customer get a divorce and now wants a refund for their wedding ring?

Sorry, a year is way to long to even consider.
Nobody's been called out--there's no specific reference to anything here. Just a general question.

Personally, I wouldn't accept an item back after a year. Not just because I sell journals. A year is entirely too long to expect to return something and receive a refund.

ETA: I do stand behind my books, though, and if something's damaged due to how I made it, I'd happily fix it for the customer. If it's just damaged from use, then I'd be happy to discuss fixing it for a fee.
year is pretty long... but depending on the circumstances..

if you can melt it down and recast it I would offer them the market value of the metal.
thats crazy to even ask someone to do that:)
Uh nope. I would say the refund date has long past.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.