Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Self adhesive shipping labels?

Show Thread Summary

41 Responses

Oh no! That stinks :(
Translate
Very much... I had been so excited about it too :(
Back to the cutting board, I guess.
Translate
Here's what I do with the labels (Canadian here), its a bit of prep work but I find minutes here & there.

I cut the labels in half using my papercutter. Then I take 2 little bits of poster tape (3M brand Poster Tape-you can get it at Staples) and put them in the top corners of a regular sheet of printer paper, stick the 1/2 label to it).

I run them through the printer, peel off the label (the CN22 is printed on it) and then use the label as needed on my package.

I re-use the printer paper (why I use the Poster Tape vs regular 2sided tape, you can peel off the label without destroying the bond) about 4-5 times before I throw it out.

I prep about 50 or so at a time, leave them stacked beside my printer ready to go.
I use a large laser printer, I've never once had a paper jam happen either (that was one of my concerns at first).
I get my full sheet label paper from Staples (home delivered, yay!) in 100 packs.
Translate
Last time I checked, you can order them for free from UPS.
If, of course, that's who you will be shipping/printing. :)
Translate
PS, they are 2 labels per sheet.
Translate
Just bought 200 labels for $12 with free shipping. Sure seems like a bargain to me! Thank you everyone!
Translate
I used to use online labels, they are the cheapest they ship fast and they have a good pruduct. Know I have a thermal printer so I use the rolls and man oh man it is so much faster and way cheaper than using labels.
Translate
I have a solution for those generating more than just the shipping label.

It takes two extra steps and Adobe Acrobat (or Preview, or any other program that will let you crop a pdf)

Instead of sending an immediate print from PayPal to my printer, I save a pdf of the whole page (label and receipt). Then I open that pdf in Acrobat, crop off the receipt and send the label to my printer.

I do this because after printing the label, I like having a saved pdf of the entire page (receipt and label).

Hope this helps.
Translate
Thanks for the tips! This is something I keep meaning to look into, so finally bought some tonight.
Translate
Ok this is prolly a dumb question, but if you don't get the receipt, how do you keep tract of the shipping amounts? Thanks guys!
Translate

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.