Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Goodbye to Etsy

With much time being with Etsy and not selling, I have decided to leave Etsy and create my own website. I've paid etsy for months to no avail., I make my sales personally so Etsy serves no purpose at this point. I have been paitent, but I feel it is time for a positive change.

Does anyone feel the same way?

247 Responses

Melody, I wish you all the luck in the future selling on your own site !!!!

That is a big step to take !!!

Good Luck !!
I like Etsy, but if you need a change, I wish you all the best!!

Personally, I don't have the know-how to set up my own web site, anyway, and really admire those who do!!
best of luck to you. no, i am happy here and staying.
Bye and good luck!
Thanks, I will just let my items expire here, and hope to get my own site up by end of May. With homestead.com building your own site is super simple.

I don't hate Etsy or anything, just feel it's not a good fit for me.
I wish you all the best in your next adventure.
Sorry to see you leave but wish you the best in your new endeavor
No I love it here and am staying. Had my own website for 2 years and believe me it is a lot harder to drive traffic to a stand alone site, at least with Etsy there is some built in traffic and my shop sales here are growing every month.

Good luck to you though!
The Etsy format works for me - sorry it hasn't worked out.

Wishing you all the Best in all your future endeavors!! :-)

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.