Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

R U Not using Direct Checkout.. still paypal/

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:37am May 17, 2012 EDT
I just got the okay to set it up. I have been reading these threads and I do see that some say its easy for people that don't know how to use their credit card through paypal with out an account.

My solution for this until I decide to use Direct Checkout:

I post a link in my announcement to the Help guide about checking out with your credit card with out having to sign up for a paypal account.

Actually I have got a couple of buyer to thank me for posting that.

43 Responses

Having been on etsy for as long as I have.... I know better than to sign up for this.

this is a good thread to read about it

www.etsy.com/teams/7718/site-help/discuss/10309458/page/1/

Also, there is NO phone support for it, plus etsy refuses to tell us what bank they are using to process this. Red flags there
I thought I set up DC but I got an email from etsy yesterday saying that I could now activate it. I still haven't done it yet. I intend to, though. I have had customers contact me in the past and want a transaction but absolutely refuse to use paypal. I know there are people out there who will be thankful for the DC option.
Amy, I didn't see your post before I posted. I'll have to read that.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:42am May 17, 2012 EDT
Oh goodness amystreasures. no phone support. eek... i think i might wait until they get phone support. I know I have had to call paypal to get somethings straight that I couldn't get done through email or online.
I enabled DC and so far, so good. Only been a couple of weeks, though, so things could still blow up lol

Out of the last four sales, 3 people used DC, one used Paypal.
I have had DC for several weeks with no complaints at all. Even partial refunds for shipping overages are easy. Etsy deposits make it to my bank 2 days faster than paypal. My customers like it and have told me so.

It works for me because I ship within 1-2 days. I can see where it might be a problem if you do custom orders and need part of the money up front for the supplies.

However, paypal is now putting a 21 day hold on accounts for a myriad of reasons including withdrawing funds prior to shipping, not adding tracking numbers, not leaving enough funds in your account to cover charge backs, etc. the list goes on.....

If that happens to you, DC may look like a good option.
You can only use the guest checkout thru paypal a limited number of times before you have to create an account.
I've been using DC since the last week in March - I do understand it just won't work for everyone the way it is now - but I've got no complaints with it.
I have had DC in my shop for a month now, and a lot of my sales have come via DC.

I'm very happy with it so far! :)
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 12:51am May 17, 2012 EDT
Renee from thesilvertwigshop says

I have had DC for several weeks with no complaints at all. Even partial refunds for shipping overages are easy. Etsy deposits make it to my bank 2 days faster than paypal. My customers like it and have told me so.

It works for me because I ship within 1-2 days. I can see where it might be a problem if you do custom orders and need part of the money up front for the supplies.

However, paypal is now putting a 21 day hold on accounts for a myriad of reasons including withdrawing funds prior to shipping, not adding tracking numbers, not leaving enough funds in your account to cover charge backs, etc. the list goes on.....

If that happens to you, DC may look like a good option.

etsy CAN do the same thing, and I imagine they will in time. they can put holds on anyones account for up to 180 days at anytime they feel like it

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.