Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Responses to policy concerns, one month later

Show Thread Summary

35 Responses

kay, would you convo me a link to her new site?
I would love to see some progress with communication. This was one of Etsy's lowest scores on their B Corp assessment. One would think Etsy would consider improving it.

As for the original shop in question, I would probably open up a new shop too, considering a google search brings up nothing but negative stories about the original one!
For me, it's no longer just about the resellers. It's the whole atmosphere of distrust in what was sold entirely as something it clearly is not, and is likely to continue to devolve even farther from. Eventually it will all really hit the wall, and a whole lot of people are going to suffer for it because they believed the hype.

I have the most respect for someone who makes a mistake, but owns it and works to make it right. Once the attempts to cover it up and deflect blame begin, it's a betrayal of integrity and principles that sometimes can't be righted.
@anythinggoeshere convo sent.

I just think an apology would go a long way in making people feel better. Especially ones that were muted etc. People are always willing to forgive if a mistake is admitted and apologized for.

Kay
Two months... the seller that must not be named is gone, we've seen the new About pages that are supposed to help in this area, but not a peep about the heart of the matter.
Kevin Turgeon from krtwood says
Two months... the seller that must not be named is gone

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoa! How did I miss that??

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.