Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Bead style magazine?

I got a message from the senior editor at Bead Style magazine asking to publish my earrings in their "Earring Gallery" for their September issue. She wants me to send the earrings to her, so they can photograph them. Is this a scam? This is new to me, I don't know what to do. Has anyone heard of the magazine?

10 Responses

They look legit. You can check with them to see if the person is really the senior editor or someone pretending to be:

www.google.com/search?q=bead+style+magazine&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&...
I've seen the magazine but never realized you have to send them your stuff.

ETA: their website bds.jewelrymakingmagazines.com/
If you are curious I would send them any questions you have. Personally I don't think it's a scam but trust your gut!
Maybe they want me to send in the earrings because my photos aren't good enough! Haha. I'm just nervous this is one of those scams that people try to take advantage of new sellers. I read about scams on these forums all the time.
They are a legitimate magazine, but you do want to make sure that it is really them that has contacted you, as others have said.

They may want to photograph your earrings with others, or they may want a specific background and angle to match the style of other photos in an issue. Either way, it would be great publicity.
I had a few pieces of jewelry in there a few years ago. They were legit. They took the photographs and sent the pieces right back.
@MissKDM
did it help to get new customers?

I was actually asked too Molly Dee (September issue as well haha) and i've been wondering as well.
Yes it is a real magazine...congrats!
@Gina, Yay we'll be in it together!

She seems real, and really the editor of the mag. So I'm going to go with it and see what happens. :)

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.